_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Pre-War Czech Camouflage
awrc
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 281 posts
AeroScale: 61 posts
Posted: Friday, March 21, 2008 - 07:18 AM UTC
Anyone know of good color matches (other than Agama colors, which aren't the easiest thing to get hold of in the US) for use on the Avia B.534 and the Avia B.35.1 tri-color camo.

I know there's some debate as to whether the latter actually carried said scheme, although it does appear to have been applied to B.135s deliver to Bulgaria, and the recent CMK title on the B.534 indicates that it was applied to a single B.534. About the only thing I've been able to establish is that the green in the tri-color camo and the overall green used on B.534s weren't the same color.

I did a KP kit of the B.35 in this scheme back in mumble-mumble - I've no idea where I got the paint mix from, but since all that was available to me at the time was Humbrol Authenticolours, it'd be pretty impossible to reproduce anyway. It looked right though, but seemed to be brown, green and tan, whereas other references I've seen can't decide on whether the third color was a pale khaki, a pale beige or hot neon green.

I clearly remember the color on my kit being a spot-on match for butterscotch flavor Angel Delight (UK reference, do not be confused if you do not understand).

I suspect it's one of those cases where almost anything approximate will do, but I'm hoping to be able to at least be able to get some clarification on the third color.

Cheers,

Al

Pardubak
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
KitMaker: 2 posts
AeroScale: 1 posts
Posted: Monday, May 02, 2011 - 03:35 PM UTC
Greetings - wondering if you are still looking for this info (it's been a while).
 _GOTOTOP