_GOTOBOTTOM
Modern (1975-today)
Discuss the modern aircraft age from 1975 thru today.
Israeli F-16
MTLB
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Dalarnas, Sweden
KitMaker: 17 posts
AeroScale: 2 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 27, 2008 - 01:01 PM UTC
Hi everyone.

I would like to put a Israeli F-16 to my collection in 1/48 scale, but I'm not 100% sure about what kit I should use? And where I can find markings for this?

Really thankful for answers.
PolarBear
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Västra Götaland, Sweden
KitMaker: 820 posts
AeroScale: 629 posts
Posted: Friday, March 28, 2008 - 04:10 PM UTC
Hi Marija,

I hope to build one or two israeli F-16's myself in the near future (albeit in 1/72). I've come to realise that F-16 versions/blocks are a real science, especially when it comes to Israeli aircraft (lots of conversions etc).

First question - Which version do you wish to build? The Israelis has quite a few (A/B/C/D and I). Personally, I'd truly like the F-16C Block 40 with the large 101 badge on the tail fin.

If your going for the F-16I, there is a conversion kit from IsraCast that you can use on Hasegawa F-16 B/D kits and some decals from Isradecal.

Good luck!
Yoni_Lev
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 861 posts
AeroScale: 111 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 30, 2008 - 09:12 AM UTC
Check out this link for lots of good, general information on building an F-16 in scale, as well as this link which breaks down the numerous 1/48 Hasegawa F-16 kits, which are your best choice, IMO. The only trouble is trying to find one...

There are a number of options for your Israeli conversion. You can check out Squadron Mail Order, which carries CMK conversion kits for both the F-16D Block 30 Barak, as well as for the F-16I Sufa. Both of these conversions come with a small set of decals.

As mentioned previously, IsraDecal carries decals as well as their own line of IsraCast conversions for the F-16, including Barak and Sufa variants.

Also, be sure to check out the fine folks over at the IDF-In-Scale.com forum. There is a forum section just for the IAF.

HTH.

-YL
Netz-16A
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 21 posts
AeroScale: 20 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 02, 2008 - 09:34 AM UTC
http://www.acig.org/artman/publish/article_276.shtml

I think an F-16A would be the easiest route, you can do an early one, or a Peace Marble IV bird straight out of the box (minus the small stabs) or get the Wolfpack design set (about $10.00) to do the updates.
Aeromaster also makes a nice decal sheet for teh A/B, and C/D's.
I think the "A" is the True Bad Boy, the scored ton's of Air-to-Air kills over the Bekaa Valley, you don't see any F-16C's D'S nor I's, with any Air-to-Air kills on them.
Just my biased opinion.
Curt
Yoni_Lev
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Thursday, April 03, 2008 - 08:26 AM UTC

Technically, a Block 30 F-16C from the 110 Squadron at Ramat David shot down a UAV off the coast of Haifa in August 2006, for the C version's first "air-to-air kill".

But, yes...the A has seen much more action, and would be an easier build.

-YL

eerie
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,008 posts
AeroScale: 106 posts
Posted: Friday, May 23, 2008 - 04:58 AM UTC
I ve registered for this forum IDF-In-Scale.com forum for some time already but i have yet to receive an email regarding my membership application. Is it still active.?
Yoni_Lev
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Tuesday, May 27, 2008 - 07:08 PM UTC
The forums and the site are still active.

I don't believe they send a return email to notify you that you can join the forums; I would just try signing in with your login info and see what happens.

-YL
eerie
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,008 posts
AeroScale: 106 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 29, 2008 - 02:52 AM UTC

Quoted Text

The forums and the site are still active.

I don't believe they send a return email to notify you that you can join the forums; I would just try signing in with your login info and see what happens.

-YL

I ve manage to login. Thanks
 _GOTOTOP