_GOTOBOTTOM
Rotary Wing
Discuss helicopters and other rotary wing aircraft from any era.
MFO Blackhawk
sneakypete
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Armed Forces Pacific, United States
KitMaker: 149 posts
AeroScale: 49 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 29, 2008 - 09:18 AM UTC
Here are some pics of a UH-60A that is part of the UN Multi-National Forces and Observers. I got to fly it from Ramstein to the Theater Aviation Support Maintenance facility. It would be a good subject for you guys that like the "Hi-Vis" paint jobs. First time I saw one I thought it was Coast Guard. The Blackhwak replaced the Huey there in the Sinai a few years back (04 I believe). I have more pics, but not the best if anyone is interested.

Dan

MFO

Photobucket

Photobucket
mother
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
AeroScale: 1,036 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 29, 2008 - 09:54 AM UTC
Great Pics Dan, Thanks for sharing I would love to see more. Do you have any interior or at least describe more of the aircraft. Last question, that color orange...it looks close to the CG color, is it.

Joe
grubbyfingers
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 404 posts
AeroScale: 339 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 29, 2008 - 10:48 AM UTC
Hi Dan,
I'd like to see some more pics too, please.
I've been looking at the RAAF UH-1H Hueys , UN Multi-National Forces and Observers from the 1970s(?) as well.
Graeme.
sneakypete
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Sunday, March 30, 2008 - 07:20 AM UTC
Joe, I do have some more pics I will try to post on photobucket later. The quality is somewhat lacking since I have a shoddy camera and it was sunset when I took them. I am not sure the official color but I certainly think it looks like Coasties. As far as the inside its like any other blackhawk in setup and colors, nothing special but the outside colors.

Grubby, sorry I can't help ya with the UH-1's. I did see some on just a MFO image search on the Google.

About the condition of these acft.... "Were not looking to buy them, just make sure they are able to make the 30 minute flight back home, someone else gets to own them" was the quote from our lead maintenance pilot. Lemmie tell ya.... these birds were dirty, rode hard and put up wet as the saying goes.

-Dan
HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
AeroScale: 1,728 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 30, 2008 - 11:24 AM UTC
Cool pics. I'd like to see more too.
sneakypete
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Monday, March 31, 2008 - 07:38 AM UTC
Well here are the rest of the pics. As I said before my camera isn't the best and the batteries were dieing ( I had to steal some out of my goggle case to get these). I had a shot of the nose but I guess it didnt get saved. The nose is matt black with the MFO logo on it if youre interested. As I said above the condition of these acft is pretty bad. If you note in the pic that the left drag beam (the diagonal strut on the landing gear), tail strut and the stabalator (the whale tail on the back) are all the standard OD green but the attached hardware is the blaze orange.

Dan

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
AeroScale: 1,728 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 01, 2008 - 01:30 AM UTC
Thanks, they look great. Another Blackhawk to build now.
mother
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
AeroScale: 1,036 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 01, 2008 - 06:22 AM UTC
Great pics Dan, thanks. Small question…why isn’t the traditional “UN” markings applied to the aircraft.

Joe
sneakypete
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Tuesday, April 01, 2008 - 11:35 PM UTC
Joe,
I just did a little google work and I guess the original mission was a UN thing but later its just a few contries there as observers. If you go to http://www.mfo.org you can find out more specifics on their mission and what not. Also there are a few pics of the UH-1 for Grubby. I will try to go to the paint guys here and ask them for the FS number to see if that helps for a better match on the color.

-Dan
tafelo
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany
KitMaker: 2 posts
AeroScale: 1 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 05, 2008 - 09:17 PM UTC
Hi all,

I just registered to the Forum and would like to post some photos of the MFO Hawks but it keeps telling me I have to have the photos on a website or something to post them. Isn't it possible just to insert the photos? Anyway I will try to put them in a Gallery. Let's see if that works.
sneakypete
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Monday, April 07, 2008 - 11:32 PM UTC
Tafelo posted these pics to answer some of the holes that I had in my collection.

As you can see this one had the CMWS so they are different.

-Dan
 _GOTOTOP