_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
WIP: 1/72 Eastern Express Sopwith Strutter
Cazzie
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 25 posts
AeroScale: 19 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 02, 2008 - 02:06 PM UTC
Yesterday:

I need to stick some tape belts to the seat, but the fuselage halves are going together. Paints used are Polly Scale: Dirty White, British Medium Sea Grey; MMAcryl: Wood, Leather, Burnt Sienna, all clear coats. Weathering was done with powdered pastels before the final clear flat. I had to narrow the channel at the rear of the upper combing, it was far too wide when dry fit. I'll still have to trim to fit in the rear of the guns as it juts out too far.

Today:

I have been a busy boy today and got the Strutter's fuselage and top decking on, cut, filled, sanded, and rescribed as needed.

I pre-painted the leather cockpit combing, it shall be for the most past masked. The engine firewall has been painted black and will be shot in Aluminum tomorrow. The engine is for the most part painted. I shall mask the front on the cylinders and spray the front cover in a Dark Aluminum.

Gun is sit in place, but unpainted yet. I have prepared a windscreen from a Waldron-punched disk of clear styrene to be attached to the rear of the Vickers. One can also see that my panel did OK.

As you can see by the tap fit, the cowling looks fine, there are a few steps I shall have to blend in, but it's not much. Lower wings are attached and aligned. I need to clean a few places, then mark and cut a place for the Strutter's speed brake control. I also need to drill placement holes for the landing gear struts, as well as the rear strut. Placement of the upper wing is going to be tricky when time comes, wish me luck.

Caz

thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 6,743 posts
AeroScale: 6,151 posts
Posted: Monday, April 07, 2008 - 05:19 PM UTC
looks good , i like your wood effect very nice .
 _GOTOTOP