_GOTOBOTTOM
Air Campaigns
Want to start or join a group build? This is where to start.
Twin Spinner: Beaufighter
Philippus
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 182 posts
AeroScale: 65 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 15, 2008 - 03:47 AM UTC
Hi Guys,

Not had much time recently to work on anything.

However I am starting tonight!

This is what I have got:

I don't think I am going to use the Resin kit as it is for the mk. X Does anyone know if there is any difference between the mk. VI and the mk X?

Keep tuned for some progress tonight!

Thanks,
Phil.
29Foxtrot
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 708 posts
AeroScale: 674 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 16, 2008 - 01:45 AM UTC
Philip,

Ther is not all that much difference between the Mk VI and Mk X cockpits, but if you can get hold of the SAM Publication "Beaufighter" Data File book, it has some excellent color drawings and detail pix of the cockpits.
If you are going to build the Beau as the Night Fighter version, the cockpit and radar operaters station are Black, not the Grey/Green that Tamiya say to use, also the reciever antenia's are not shown on the kit instructions {these are shown in detail in the SAM book} Model Master make a Cockpit Black in there range of paints.

A few pix of what I was explaning about the antenia's that are missing, from the instructions, also I used Humbrol Matt Black on the canvas area's and Xtra Color 'Night' as the finish on this subject.

Hope this helps a little.
Philippus
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Wednesday, April 16, 2008 - 07:32 PM UTC
Rob,

Thanks for the info. I have decided to build this kit OOB and save the resin for another one! I will be sure to get the data file you mention too.

Your Beau looks great!

Thanks,
Phil.
Philippus
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Wednesday, April 16, 2008 - 11:24 PM UTC
Just a little bit of progress. I have completed step 1, the construction of the cockpit.

Not a very good picture, but just to give you an idea.

Tonight I will start painting the cokpit. Hope to have more soon, and better pics!!

Thanks,
Phil.
 _GOTOTOP