_GOTOBOTTOM
Modern (1975-today)
Discuss the modern aircraft age from 1975 thru today.
F-16C Resin
rgriveson
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Nevada, United States
KitMaker: 15 posts
AeroScale: 9 posts
Posted: Monday, April 28, 2008 - 04:33 PM UTC
Howdy. I've selected my kit for my JUVAT build... I'm going with the Hasegawa 1/32.... Does anyone know of any good Resin or Photo Etched aftermarket kits? for cockpit, avionics, etc.

thanks,

the Toadman

mother
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
AeroScale: 1,036 posts
Posted: Monday, April 28, 2008 - 06:03 PM UTC
Hey Roger,
There are many 1/32 scale aftermarket set out for you F-16. Blackbox resin cockpits, Cutting Edge has many resin bits (Tail conversion, racks, seamless intakes, Wheels that sort of stuff...that's if you can get your hands on some without paying way too much.

Eduard has PE set... F-16

Black Box cockpit

There are many decal sets out... Two Bobs... Zotz decals... After Burner decals to name a few.

Good luck with your search...and oh yeah...Welcome to AeroScale

Joe
rgriveson
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Nevada, United States
Posted: Tuesday, April 29, 2008 - 05:34 PM UTC
are the various resin cockpits interchangable from kit to kit in the same scale?

mother
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
AeroScale: 1,036 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 29, 2008 - 06:12 PM UTC
Can’t say for sure but I’d hate to buy a resin cockpit for lets say a Revell kit and I’m trying to fit it into a Hasegawa kit. You may have to sand…cut just to get it to fit. And if it didn’t fit it’ll be an expensive mistake. Most often no…the aftermarket company’s make the tubs to fit the contour of that particular kit, no two kits are the same. Some kits are wider than others, deeper and the opening are bigger.

Joe
rgriveson
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Nevada, United States
Posted: Wednesday, April 30, 2008 - 06:57 PM UTC
okay thanks for the info. because of you i did find that black box for the 1/32 hasegawa kit, so thanks. i'm going to do a build log once i FINALLY get around to doing it.

the toadman
 _GOTOTOP