_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Hobby Boss Bf.109 G-10
JollyRoger
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Istanbul, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 1,241 posts
AeroScale: 616 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 04, 2008 - 11:13 PM UTC
Hello! Against all negative feed I decided to see it myself and bought one last week and decided to try a quick modeling last weekend(I am generally famed of my models waiting on desk, half built for years). The goal was to complete the model within 24 hours. Victim was the 1/72 HobbyBoss G-10. Couldn't do it f course:} Neverthe less it is done....ish within one weekend(with my girlfriend on my tail constantly trying to get me outdoors to prevent from doing her homework:}) I chose the white 44 of NJG11. Ok I am not sure if it is a G-10 or a G-6 AS and some details are not correct I am afraid, but as I said before the goal was not the accuracy but speed. The numbers and lines are hand masked so as the horribly finished spinner ornament. Rest is kit's decals.
The kit is to be honest really funny. Very well detailed at some points and toyishly ignored at many points placed 5mm's from the well details mentioned above. Kit contains two sets of wings, two types of rear wheel, 3 sets of front wheels and one closed one open canopy without the neck shield:} Rear cockpit including the seat, is better than most of the 109s I've seen in the scale but the control stick is just a plastic pice that would be better not seeing, and no instruments panel at all. Anyways anyone wishing to purchase one, keep these in mind. When it finishes it looks ok from a distance.

Nice days to all.
buggalugs
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Australian Capital Territory, Australia
KitMaker: 135 posts
AeroScale: 115 posts
Posted: Monday, May 05, 2008 - 02:42 AM UTC
Hi Yalym,

Looks good! I am building one of these beasts at the moment for a themed club contest (ie the club picks the kit, it must be OOB but we can use aftermarket decals - I am doing a postwar Czech Avia S-99) and like you said, it goes together OK but not spectacularly. So far I have got the airframe together and am cleaning things up. Also like you said, control column is a joke - I have removed mine and reckon I can fabricate something closer to reality from stretched kit sprue. I have also made a scratch instrument panel from some of the sprues as well - not sure how it will work but it must be better than nothing. Just test fitted the canopy - at least that seems to fit nicely. How did the undercarriage go together for you? I haven't tried that yet, but yours looks good. I have higher hopes for mine looking good now that I have seen how good your finished product looks! cheers Brad
dcandal
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Buenos Aires, Argentina
KitMaker: 918 posts
AeroScale: 688 posts
Posted: Monday, May 05, 2008 - 06:10 AM UTC
Wow Jolly, that´s a greta job that you did. Very nice. I like the paint a lot
JollyRoger
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Istanbul, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 1,241 posts
AeroScale: 616 posts
Posted: Monday, May 05, 2008 - 08:50 AM UTC
Hi guys and thanks for the kind compliments. Brad, good luck with the instruments pannel. Don't forget the neck armor which should have been in the cockpit. The landing gears are the funnyly smooth and nice parts. Nicely detailed , just take care about the fit holes in the covers. They may request slight puttying. And don't worry, whatever you do it does far better than the photo in the box:} Afterall it is a nicely done plane. Not sure about the tail though.
 _GOTOTOP