Hosted by Rowan Baylis
1/48 Promodeler Messerschmitt Me-410
dcandal
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Buenos Aires, Argentina
KitMaker: 918 posts
AeroScale: 688 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 10, 2008 - 01:04 AM UTC
Some photos of a Messerschmitt Me-410 that I finishides some weeks ago. All comments are welcome :thumbsup:

Percheron
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 432 posts
AeroScale: 360 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 10, 2008 - 08:52 AM UTC
Daniel,

Very good looking plane! I noticed that you have been posting many pictures, thank you for that. Your models are well done. Can you tell us anything about the build of the kit (and the others you posted)?

-Derek
Yeti123
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 311 posts
AeroScale: 278 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 10, 2008 - 01:10 PM UTC
Daniel:

Plane looks great. I have one of these half finished. The canopy gave me a real hard time. It is split at the top and I could not get the seam out. How did you do yours? Thanks for posting
dcandal
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posted: Sunday, May 11, 2008 - 10:20 AM UTC
Thanks Dereck and Taylor.

The kit is very good. It has a great instruccion sheet with lots of photos of diferents parts of the plane.

Taylor, I agree with you about the canopy. You can see in this photo that it came in half,

In this cases I use the Model Master clear parts cement & window maker. It gives me very good results.
Blackwulf
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 215 posts
AeroScale: 120 posts
Posted: Monday, May 12, 2008 - 05:58 AM UTC
The plane looks great--I am trying to finish one also!! I didn't get picky looking over your plane but the one thing that stood out was that maybe you had a bit too much weathering from the fuselage guns. These guns articulated up and down and probably didn't fire in the same position all the time if at all. I have seen several photos and read where they lowered these guns when parked to keep moisture from getting into the barrel? Anyway-great job on the plane!!
SGTJKJ
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 10,069 posts
AeroScale: 3,788 posts
Posted: Monday, May 12, 2008 - 10:29 AM UTC
Great build, very nice weathering, although maybe slightly overdone with the dark spots on the inner portions of the wings. I assume these are fuel spills?
The camouflage looks great and the chipping looks very realistic and not overdone.

What version of the 410 is this? It looks like it has twin 30mm guns installed in the bomb bay. I have never seen that before. Very interesting to see.

Thanks for sharing
dcandal
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posted: Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 11:24 AM UTC
Yes, I agree with you about the weathering.

Jesper, this is the B-2 version. The plane was almost identical to the Me 410A-1 but all the airframes were new and not converted from the Me 210
whittman181
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 646 posts
AeroScale: 67 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 22, 2008 - 04:44 PM UTC
Great job on it , I've got one myself in the stash and if I ever get of the armor kick and build it I ho-pe it's 1/2 as good as yours , thanks Bob
 _GOTOTOP