_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
1/32 Hobbycraft Camel at the Aerodrome
Cazzie
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 25 posts
AeroScale: 19 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 04:39 AM UTC
Any of you visited the Aerodrome the past day or so? Kofoed's Camel is spectacular.

You know I have been taking photos of wood and metal textures for the last three years to scale down and use for repaints in FS2004. Not once did it ever strike my thick-headed noggin' to make a decal of them! Until now.

He shot plywood at a lumber yard, reduced what he liked to scale and ran off decals on clear film that he applied over British Midstone. Check out the plywood effect, pretty amazing.

Click here.

Caz
Repainted
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Östergötland, Sweden
KitMaker: 1,058 posts
AeroScale: 1,004 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 04:46 AM UTC
Yep. This is one of the best build Ive seen for a long time,so check it out.It´s a gem. Starting with a Hobbycrap adding etch from Parts and have done a real good clean build. I love this

don´t miss this

Larsa
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 07:04 AM UTC
Agreed Caz & Larsa!

I never cared much for the HC 1/32 Camel. . .until now. Nicely done!
Repainted
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Östergötland, Sweden
KitMaker: 1,058 posts
AeroScale: 1,004 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 08:51 AM UTC
The funny part is that I´ll just ordered the very good etch from Parts for the Camel ( I will use those wicker details on the Nieuport) and I was thinking Hmmm, now that I have the etch from Part, the new decals from Spada and and old Academy copycat of the Hobbycrap, Why not build the sucker The only thing I´ll need for that is time.

Larsa
Ps. That Camel is a really good build . . .
 _GOTOTOP