_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
Colour coding for plumbing on German aircraft
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 21, 2008 - 12:27 PM UTC
For all of you affected with AMS the good fellow Dan San Abbott provides us with the details we migh find useful in build the open engine compartments of German aircraft.

". . .IdFlieg Document requires all German aircraft to have the air, oil and fuel lines marked as follows.
1. Oil lines, brown.
2. Air lines, blue
3. Benzin lines, white.
4. Every 30 cm on the above lines shall have a black arrow every 30cm to indicate the direction of flow.
5. The fuel lines from the tank to the fuel pump or directly to the carburettor
will be white with green rings.
6. The lines from the fuel pump to reserve tank valve over flow vent will be white with red rings.
7. The lines from the reserve vent valve, or the overflow vent to trhe carburettor, will be white with yellow rings.
8. Lhe lines from the resrve tank to the carburettor will be white with blue rings.
9. Lines from the fuel hand pump are white with blue rings.
Blue skies,
Dan-San"
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 6,743 posts
AeroScale: 6,151 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 21, 2008 - 05:30 PM UTC
Thank-you Stephen for that bit of info,was in the middle of doing the ref's thing . I'm doing my first engine exposed on the Roden kit of the Fokker D.VII ALB-late . Just not sure on the markings . I don't like the ones that came with the kit ,any suggestions !
markvs
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Auckland, New Zealand
KitMaker: 70 posts
AeroScale: 16 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 21, 2008 - 07:41 PM UTC
To change subject slightly, have you also the colours for allied planes?
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
Posted: Wednesday, May 21, 2008 - 10:36 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Thank-you Stephen for that bit of info,was in the middle of doing the ref's thing . I'm doing my first engine exposed on the Roden kit of the Fokker D.VII ALB-late . Just not sure on the markings . I don't like the ones that came with the kit ,any suggestions !

Greetings Terri;
There are several decal schemes from the Aeromaster & Eagle Strike series that might help. The late Albatros series stared showing up around the fall of 1918. For future reference the Anthology series on the Fokker D.VII is very informative. Issue #3 deals with the Albatros Johannistahl built series.
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
Posted: Wednesday, May 21, 2008 - 10:39 PM UTC

Quoted Text

To change subject slightly, have you also the colours for allied planes?

With our Man Merlin working at Hendon maybe he can check the SE 5a or Bristol F.2b and give us a hand. It would certainly be a help to me with the Roden 1/32 scale bird.
 _GOTOTOP