_GOTOBOTTOM
Rotary Wing
Discuss helicopters and other rotary wing aircraft from any era.
Dauphin questions
ThomasB
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Skåne, Sweden
KitMaker: 762 posts
AeroScale: 141 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 04, 2008 - 11:23 AM UTC
I'm thinking about doing a project with a Swedish ICU (intensive care unit...) helicopter, which is a Dauphin N3.

The only kit I know of is Trumpeters in 1/48, but it's a N2. So here comes the questions:
What are the visible differences between these models. Could I get away with using a N2 without mayor rework.
What kind of interior does the kits have? Can't really have chairs in the cargo compartment.
And how is the general detailing with the kits? Any aftermarket goodies?

Thankful for answers, though I doubt the project will ever leave the drawing board...

HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
AeroScale: 1,728 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 04, 2008 - 08:13 PM UTC
Don't know if it helps or is closer to the version you are looking for, but...

Cobra Company makes a USCG HH-65 Interior set. It looks really nice and dresses the model up well.

Fireball Modelworks makes a USGC HH-65C Conversion set with new fenestrom tail and nose radome, and a few other small pieces. He also has a USCG HH-65 Rotor Blade set as well.

These are the only pieces I know of for it.

Hope it helps, good luck.
drabslab
_VISITCOMMUNITY
European Union
KitMaker: 2,186 posts
AeroScale: 1,587 posts
Posted: Friday, June 06, 2008 - 04:58 AM UTC
I am working on the trumpeter Dauphin kit. Its a really simple thing, everything fits nicely but there isn't much detail. As an example the seats do not have any seatbelts. The interior, which is very visible through the relatively big windows is very poor... the propeller blades are very simple molded...

and yeas there are seats in the cargo but its very simple not to put them in.

_GOTOTOP