Emeritus
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Uusimaa, Finland
KitMaker: 2,845 posts
AeroScale: 1,564 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 05, 2008 - 05:16 AM UTC
Hi,

This is for you Luftwaffe experts out there:

Are there any major differences between Focke-wulf Fw-190 A7 and A8 that would make it unreasonable to use a PE set for the first on the latter?

I picked up Eduard's set # 72368 (for Hasegawa's 1:72 scale Fw-190 A7) at healthy discount, with the intention of using it to beef up Revell's (was it originally Prop-modeller's kit?) Fw-190 A8.
It looks like there's no major troubles ahead, since I there's not much parts looking highly kit-specific.
So, are there major differences between the two variants that would render the PE set unusable for this kit? (of course, for one looking forward to build a reasonably accurate model)

I checked Eduard's site for info on the PE sets both for the Hasegawa (#72368) and Revell kit (#72241), and the set's look mostly similar to me. Cockpit details include seatbelts, instrument panels and rudder pedals, and then there's the usual brake lines, oleo scissors, radar antennas, landing flaps and drop tank details.
The new rear part for the horrible canopy in the Revell kit is of no importance because I alread got an Aeroclub replacement for it. (and honestly, the new PE rear portion is quite useless because of the awfully thick, marred and distorted glass parts anyway)

I'd grateful if someone(s) could help me out on this one.

Oh, here's links to the PE sets in question, in case they're of help:
PE for Revell A8
PE for Hase A7

Edit: Now the links look to work.
And sorry for the accidental multiple threads.
 _GOTOTOP