_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
BF109E-1 Assistance
wizard179
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 251 posts
AeroScale: 179 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 14, 2008 - 01:41 PM UTC
Hi all

I am after some assistance to build the 1/48 Hasegawa BF109E-1 kit. The kit is the E-3 with resin plugs to fill the underwing canon bulges so they can be removed. Now I was reading a couple of build articles on this kit and they advised that the E-1 should have access panels for the MG17s under the wing but they didn't clearly define or show where these are and what they look like. Can anyone help with an image of the underwing panelling of the BF109E-1?

Thanks
Wiz

PS: If there are any other inaccuracies in this kit, please do not tell me!
I just want to build this now and anyone who will see it will be hard pushed to name it as a Messerschmitt BF109, little chance of picking it's an E and absolutely no chance of an E-1...
taylgr
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Australia
KitMaker: 152 posts
AeroScale: 12 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 14, 2008 - 06:37 PM UTC
Wizard,

Hope this helps - inset shows the u/s of the E-1 wing - From Aero Detail 1-Messerschmitt Bf109E

Clarification:
"This posting contains copyrighted material the use of which has not been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. This material is being made available to the members of this forum for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, or research.

I believe this is not an infringement of copyright and constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in Section 107 of the US Copyright Law."

"Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes! "

If you can read this sign, you can get a good job in the fast-paced, high-paying world of Latin!

"Te audire no possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure. "

I can't hear you. I have a banana in my ear.

wizard179
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 251 posts
AeroScale: 179 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 14, 2008 - 07:20 PM UTC
That's exactly what I needed!

Cheers mate
Wiz
 _GOTOTOP