Hosted by Rowan Baylis
ME Bf 109D
viper29_ca
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Brunswick, Canada
KitMaker: 2,247 posts
AeroScale: 168 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 11, 2003 - 03:48 AM UTC
Hey all....was at my local hobby show here over the weekend....got 2 bronze...one for my F-20 Tigershark, tuned Canadian Interceptor CF-120A Tigershark, and one for my Hungarian BRT-80...both of which can be seen on my MSN gallery page seen at the bottom of my post.

I got as a door prize a Hobbycraft (yeah I know) 1/48 ME Bf 109D. Now, not being a WWII fan of AC....(mind you I do have a B-17 and a B-25 yet to be built)....and not being a very big fan of Hobbycraft....and who is!! Just wondering if anyone has built this kit.

I opened it up...and it looks much better than most of the HC kits I have had and/or seen in the past.....it actually doesn't look that bad at all....has some detail in the cockpit instead of decals, not a bad looking kit at all!!

Any help would be much appreciated!!

PS: the Me 109D.....did it only have guns in the nose? As I noticed that it didn't look as if there were any gun holes/barrels in the wings.....just the 2 in the nose?
TwistedFate
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 805 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 11, 2003 - 10:28 AM UTC
I believe (though I'm often wrong) that D-0/D-1's did not have wing guns, but D-2's had wing mounted MG17's and D-3's had wing mounted MGFF's.
bison44
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 471 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 11, 2003 - 11:56 AM UTC
Hi Viper
Congrats on cleaning up in the contest. I think I did the kit you are talking about. I thought it wasn't too bad compared to some hobbycraft stuff. I have a pic on the MSN armorama site. http://groups.msn.com/Armorama/bisondroppings.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=6980
 _GOTOTOP