_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
Ritter von Schleich's D V
Dwaynewilly
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 365 posts
AeroScale: 344 posts
Posted: Monday, June 30, 2008 - 02:00 PM UTC
Fellow Stringbaggers,

Once again I return to one of my passions, the Albatros D.V. This kit is basically out of the box from the latest release from Eduard, the 1124 Dual Combo kit.

I've tried to correct some of the inaccuracies of the kit brought to light by my colleagues here at Aeroscale. In particular, the molded on pilots step was removed and replaced with a photoetch piece from the kit. The curved leading edge of the propeller was was turned around to face the correct way and the aileron cranks and shrouds on the top wing were installed.

I attempted to use the photoetch cranks and shrouds from the Eduard photoetch set but no matter how much annealing and bending I tried I couldn't produce satisfactory results. I must seriously contemplate purchasing a bender for this material. I scratched the ones on the model from Evergreen sheet styrene.

The rigging is mono-filament and Guitar string. The finished kit was airbrushed with Micro Flat thinned with isopropyl alcohol.

As always, comments and critique are welcome. It's with your help that I further my abilities and focus.
Thanks for letting me share, Dwayne

JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Monday, June 30, 2008 - 02:53 PM UTC
Greetings Dwayne! I have to say that it is an excellent build!
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 6,743 posts
AeroScale: 6,151 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 03:37 AM UTC
Another fine Job done Dwayne , same kit is on my work bench right now , always like the colourful scheme and as always I'm very impressed with your finish . I have used dull coat lacquer . It was your last build that turned me to try micoscale flat clear which i will try on this build . Keep up the great work ! Cheers
CaptainA
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 3,117 posts
AeroScale: 2,270 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 12:26 PM UTC
Very well done. One of my favorite subjects also.
 _GOTOTOP