_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
IPMS OOB Rules?
MerlinV
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 608 posts
AeroScale: 602 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 15, 2008 - 11:28 AM UTC
Greetings,

I have been asked by my local IPMS club to build the Eduard Weekend Kit of the Albatros DV for an interclub challenge to take place in September.

It has to be OOB (Out of the Box).

My understanding is that I can add rigging according to the box top or the instructions.

Can I also add tape or paper pilot harness?

Cheers,

Hugh
AJLaFleche
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 8,074 posts
AeroScale: 328 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 15, 2008 - 01:27 PM UTC
These are theeh current IPMS/USA official OOB rules as of right now:
"OUT-OF-THE-BOX entries will be governed by the following rules:

KITS. Any commercially available kit may be used. The number of categories incorporating Out-of-the-Box awards will be determined by the Host Chapter and the National Contest Committee.

FINISH. All finishing techniques are allowed. Decals other than those included with the kit may be used. Insignia, markings, and instrument panels may be hand-painted instead of decaled. Weathering is permitted.

CONSTRUCTION. The modeler may fill seams and gaps; sand off rivets; drill out gun ports, exhaust pipes, or other appropriate openings; thin to scale such parts as trailing edges, flaps, and doors; add rigging and antennas; and add simple tape or decal seat belts in the cockpit of an aircraft or the interior of a vehicle (NO commercial or modeler-manufactured hardware - e.g., buckles, etc.).

IT IS NOT PERMITTED TO: vacuform, manufacture, or replace any part, or substitute parts from another kit; cut or separate canopies, surfaces, hatches, doors, etc. (no major surgery); combine a standard kit with a conversion kit; add anything other than specified on the instruction sheet except as shown in Section C above.

INSTRUCTION SHEETS. Modelers must attach the kit instruction sheet to the entry form. Models entered without an attached kit instruction sheet will not be considered for an Out-of-the-Box award."

_GOTOTOP