_GOTOBOTTOM
Rotary Wing
Discuss helicopters and other rotary wing aircraft from any era.
Work in Progress - Vietnam UH-1H Slick
Ellevenbravo
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 269 posts
AeroScale: 6 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 16, 2008 - 11:38 AM UTC
My subject is a very late war UH-1H, I've had to re-do most the crude Dragon kit, plus added a bunch of parts from Cobra Company and scratch built many others. I'm 90% done at this point. Any suggestions or comments are greatly appreciated.

The last picture shows what happens when you use after market resin rotor blades. They were drooping like that 5 minutes after I installed them on the rotor mast. I'll be replacing these with the kit blades but figured I would include this picture since it came out pretty nice and I am still having some issues taking decent close ups with my camera.

Regards,

John

Ellevenbravo
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Wednesday, July 16, 2008 - 11:40 AM UTC
In case anyone is interested, here is the actual Huey that my kit is based on. This picture came from the Vietnam Helicopter Pilots Association website. It is one of very, very few US Army Hueys that had the anti SAM "toilet bowl" exhaust diverter installed.

This website is an absolutely fantastic resouce for anyone interested in Vietnam helicopters. http://www.vhpamuseum.org/16thcav/ctroop/ctroop.shtml

SGTJKJ
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 10,069 posts
AeroScale: 3,788 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 16, 2008 - 06:40 PM UTC
Looks great! The Huey simply has a specific aura about it.

Thanks for sharing
Rotorhead
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 22 posts
AeroScale: 4 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 17, 2008 - 11:28 AM UTC
Real nice.

At first I thought the drooop in the blades looked "cool" until that last picture they did get limp.

I am a member of the VHPA and they also sell a calander that has great pictures each year.

John
Ellevenbravo
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Thursday, July 17, 2008 - 02:09 PM UTC
I'll have to check out that calender. That website is truly great. Thanks for the tip and thanks for your service to our country!

John
 _GOTOTOP