_GOTOBOTTOM
Rotary Wing
Discuss helicopters and other rotary wing aircraft from any era.
Help about UH-1N
JollyRoger
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Istanbul, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 1,241 posts
AeroScale: 616 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 20, 2008 - 09:21 AM UTC
Hi guys! While turning into a drooling F-4 freak I remembered my almost 3 year old UH1N build. It is an Italeri 1/72 kit, I am planing to finish it as a 3-color Marine camoflage one back from the early 90's. The problem is I couldn't find any scheme. an anybody help me finish the bird? Thanks...
mother
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
AeroScale: 1,036 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 20, 2008 - 03:03 PM UTC
Hello Yalım,
I looked for my instruction sheet, could not find it...I must have gave it to someone else and never got it back. However I did find some pics that may help out.

As for the colors...well being that it's 1/72 I wouldn't use to dark of colors. I don't know what paints your using so I'll give you my opinion to what I think is best or close. ...NATO Black, Field Green and Light Ghost Gray. Hope this help you some.....

or...

Model Masters FS 34227 Pale Green, Model Masters FS 37038 Flat Black and Model Masters FS 35237 Medium Gray

Be sure to post photos,
Happy Modeling,
Joe
Greenhornet2
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 51 posts
AeroScale: 37 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 20, 2008 - 05:52 PM UTC
HEY NOT TO GO AGENST YOUR LOGIC BUT WOUDENT THE GREEN BE OLIV DRAB?
HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
AeroScale: 1,728 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 20, 2008 - 09:11 PM UTC

Quoted Text

HEY NOT TO GO AGENST YOUR LOGIC BUT WOUDENT THE GREEN BE OLIV DRAB?

Nope, the green is a brighter green. Medium Green in the Testors Model Master line is a good match. In my opinion, the Pale Green mentioned by my good buddy Mother would be too light.

On a forum etiquette note, please type in regular sentance case. All caps is seen as yelling and is harder to read. Some punctuation and proper spelling would help as well.
JollyRoger
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Monday, July 21, 2008 - 12:46 AM UTC
Wow! Thanks. I had the first photo but the others are a real treat! Hmm as far as I can see there is not only one scheme. Ok I don't have the decals anyways so I will emprovise them, will be a "Probable" one again:}
I agree with the Pale green stuff, it is rather light. Mid or Olive Green will fit I guess. I am using Both MM and Humbrol by the way Mother, exelant guess:}
OH one more question, well ok two. Where these guys also carrying Guns on mounts at the doors as the grey ones used today? I can see one I think at the photoes. And if so, were they the same as today? One Minigun and one .50cal(Is it M2?) And if so(again) is there any standard like "7.62 to port, .50 to starbord" or do they just place them random? God I ask too many questions!!!!
Greenhornet2
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 51 posts
AeroScale: 37 posts
Posted: Monday, July 21, 2008 - 03:04 AM UTC
oh sorry about the upper-case.my caps lock was on and since i am a new member i didnt know what to do.
HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
Posted: Monday, July 21, 2008 - 03:55 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Where these guys also carrying Guns on mounts at the doors as the grey ones used today? I can see one I think at the photoes. And if so, were they the same as today? One Minigun and one .50cal(Is it M2?) And if so(again) is there any standard like "7.62 to port, .50 to starbord" or do they just place them random?

Yes to all of the above, check out this thread to see options and for more guidance/info. It starts out talking about Huey colors, but the guy was confused on what type he had. About half way down, it is established that he is asking about an N model. It gives you some more paint options too, like sand and sand/brown Ns from ODS (Operation Desert Storm, '90-'91). Good luck and keep us posted.
JollyRoger
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Monday, July 21, 2008 - 06:02 AM UTC
WHOCKS!!!! Are those sand ones alsı USMC? I think I was an 8 tiped marine cap in one of the crew but nothing writes on the chopers themselfs. I heard some of the 3-color camo Super Cobras painted sand and 2-color sand before but never saw an UH-1N! Hmmm.. tempting but I will stick with the 3-color scheme. I want to build one since I was a little boy. With a great mistake ,with haste, at the time I started the kit I followed the instructions(that was a few years ago) and didn't search for the net, so the cockpit is light grey at the moment. I will fidle with it after I finish the outer painting. I hope the ages old masking tapes on the clear parts won't devastate it:} Well I may bring and take Photos tomorrow, which probably won't mean much :] Thanks again...
HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
Posted: Monday, July 21, 2008 - 09:14 AM UTC
Yup, all those sand Ns are USMC birds as well. Good luckon it.
 _GOTOTOP