_GOTOBOTTOM
Rotary Wing
Discuss helicopters and other rotary wing aircraft from any era.
1/35 or 1/48 UH-1N
eerie
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,008 posts
AeroScale: 106 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 27, 2008 - 02:42 PM UTC
2 days ago, i walk into a model shop here locally in SIngapore. Didnt see anything interesting till i walk out from the store and saw the display models infront of the store glass window.
It was a grey tone US navy or might even be Marine UH-1N i m very sure its not a UH-1H due to the nose configuration which is sharp.
Could anyone advice me what scale or which maker release this model?
mother
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
AeroScale: 1,036 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 27, 2008 - 03:58 PM UTC
Dragon has released a 1/35th UH-1N, it's a re-box of the Panda kit which can still be found. Once in awhile you may find a 1/48th N' Huey, if you do find one you may find it costly. Aftermarket decals, PE and resin set are out there. Cobra Company has some sets, but due to his health at the moment Cobra Company is down. But still look over his products...

1/35th

1/48th

Here's the kit...

1/35 UH-1N

Joe
Greenhornet2
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 51 posts
AeroScale: 37 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 27, 2008 - 04:40 PM UTC
well from what i can tell from the pic it would probably be the dragon(ex-panda)uh-1n in 1/35 with a cobra Company detail set. the kit is not perfect but with some work it will come out nicely.
mother
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
AeroScale: 1,036 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 27, 2008 - 05:27 PM UTC
I built the Panda kit into a kick butt huey once. I did it before the Cobra Company resin set came out. I used some basic scratchbuilding using different thickness plastics, spare parts from other 1/35th heli kits and updated the cockpit panels using left over PE sets. Ask around for extras, you may get them for free, trade or sale. There are decals in 1/48th, but nothing in 35th. I used TwoBobs Cobra decals for the markings and slim lights and kits tail numbers or even make your own. The FLIR was used from the DAP Blackhawk, a bit smaller but no biggie. I just had to cut and frame under the nose. The hardest part was filling in the luggage compartment on th tail. But that wasn't all the hard.

Here are some walkarounds...

UH-1N 1

UH-1N 2

UH-1N 3

UH-1N 4

Joe
JollyRoger
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Istanbul, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 1,241 posts
AeroScale: 616 posts
Posted: Monday, July 28, 2008 - 01:00 AM UTC
In 1/48 there is the Italeri N kit but it is also USAFSOC one. I didn't see the fited condition of the kit but it seemed ok on sprue. On the other hand the 1/72 kit of Italeri is a nice kit if you don't count the illfiting of some parts and lacking of some details. I did the Fujimi one either back about 10 years ago but to be honest the Italeri one is more preferable(for 1/72) in any case.
 _GOTOTOP