Mosquito
MG42_Gunner
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Australia
KitMaker: 17 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, May 16, 2003 - 04:23 PM UTC
Hey fellas

i got a hunch, because i live in an area of Australia with exceedingly non existant hobby stores (except for Toys'R'Us, which ain't really a hobbstore) i have to use humbrol, tamyia and the occasional testors colours. i recently purchased a 1/72 Mosquito from revell, its a nice kit alright, but it's instructions for paints are really weird. so, i was thinking "ok, tamiya basically only produce paints to paint there kits with. now because they produce a spitfire, a mosquito (WWII RAF) kits,

I was wondering what should i paint my Mosquito using only Tamiya colours

Thanks
ukgeoff
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,007 posts
AeroScale: 101 posts
Posted: Friday, May 16, 2003 - 09:05 PM UTC
Well MG42, according to one of my Tamiya Mosie's (the FB Mk VI/ NF Mk II) the colours sujested are:

(A) AS-9 (RAF Dark Green), AS-10 (Ocean Grey), AS-11 (Medium Sea Grey). 487 Sqd (coded EG-T)

(B) XF-54 (Dark Sea Grey), XF-55 (Deck Tan)??????! (surely that should be XF-21 Sky?) 143 Sqd (coded NE-D)

(C) TS-6 (matt black) 157 Sqd (coded RS-B)

Or you could try these conversion charts.

http://www.ipmsstockholm.org/colorcharts/colorcharts_2.asp

Hope this is of some help to you
DutchBird
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,144 posts
AeroScale: 123 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 17, 2003 - 05:46 AM UTC
I do not know in what sence you mean it, but I presume you are unable to figure out what the paint-numbers are. I have found one site which has conversion tables, which I myself have used to convert Tamiya, and whatever color Dragon, Hasegawa and Academy uses, back to Humbrol colors...

conversion table

I hope this is what you are looking for... At least good luck painting your models.

Harm

Climbing the ranks again
 _GOTOTOP