Fieseler Fi 156 C Storch
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
KitMaker: 5,609 posts
AeroScale: 5,231 posts
Posted: Friday, August 08, 2008 - 09:59 PM UTC
Hi Gang

what a boring time. Almost no posts in 24 hours.

So I'll start another project: Tamiyas Fieseler Storch with a little AM stuff.

Still need the quickboost exhausts. First I will finish another project this weekend.

cheers

Steffen

P:S. I intend this to go for the Europe Campaign, but knowing my work speed it will not make it in 3 months.
panamadan
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 1,513 posts
AeroScale: 12 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 09, 2008 - 06:11 AM UTC
Looking forward to this build! Daniel
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 09, 2008 - 08:47 PM UTC
Hi Steffen

This should look great with all the extras thrown in! I've got pretty much the same bundle myself (although I was going to modify the kit exhausts using Wings & Wheels Publications #12 "Storch In Detail" as a reference), and I reckon 3 months sounds about right - as a speed-build, in my case!

I won't be able to tackle my Storch this year, so I'll be really looking forward to seeing how yours goes together - building by proxy, so to speak.

All the best

Rowan
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Saturday, August 09, 2008 - 08:55 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I reckon 3 months sounds about right - as a speed-build, in my case!

Ditto, I am not sure if I can make that

Honestly I am a bit afraid of all that etched stuff. Not because PE as such, but because this has "eternal project" potential, i.e. many parts to screw up ... I already have a Hs129 in my stack that has all the CMK goodies but never gets finished ...

but first things first .. another clear cote and a pitot and I have another kit done

cheers

Steffen
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 03:30 AM UTC
hello gang

yeah, I am working on this, but as expected very slow. The engine took me several days so far and there is not really much to see. Also there are more etched parts to mount. I prefered the decals over the etched placards. No washing yet and it will get another clear cote before that.

cheers

Steffen
Piltdown_Man
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 5 posts
AeroScale: 1 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 05:23 AM UTC
I'm watching with interest. I have the Eduard etches and will start as soon as I am able. But I have a question about the QuickBoost exhaust add-ons. What do you get for your money?

PM

I had to have one after seeing one "taxy" airborne across the field I was flying from (25 years ago). Impressive. I also enjoy German design.
spaarndammer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,945 posts
AeroScale: 388 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 06:20 AM UTC
Hi Steffen,

looking forward to see this build going on. I like the Storch very much. Curious how the PE turn out on the plane. Something about the placard decals, did they come with the kit or did you bought them somewhere else?

Jelger

Ps. germany hit us badly today with the penalty shoot out in the men's hockey semi-final! Good luck in the final.
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 07:02 AM UTC
Hi Trevor and Jelger

i do not have the QB set yet .. this is what it looks on their site:

QB is IMO an offspring of Aires who just do some small addons and you do not have to buy a whole set if you just want to improve some bits 'n pieces. The price range of their sets is approx. between 2,5 to 9,50 Euro (depending on what you want ...just have a look at their site)

The decals come with the kit.

cheers

Steffen

P.S.
Well, Germany fared pretty badly in the team sports (among others .. ), so I am happy about the hockey mens team. ...

_GOTOTOP