_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Cutting Edge PBP-1 gunsights - where to buy?
Emeritus
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Uusimaa, Finland
KitMaker: 2,845 posts
AeroScale: 1,564 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 09, 2008 - 06:33 AM UTC
Hi,

Would anyone happen know where I could find a set of Cutting Edge's 1:48 scale resin PBP-1 gunsights?
I've been doing some googling and I hard time finding online stores carrying that item.
This one I found comes anywhere near what I'm looking for. Unfortunately they seem to only accept orders by fax. And it's 1/32 as well... (as I'm looking for the 1:48 scale item)

And with Meteor Productions OOB, my chances of finding those gunsights are probably quite slim & none then, I suppose.
Bummer.

Does any other manufacturer make PBP-1s? On the aftermarket side, I'm only aware of Cutting Edge ever making those.

I guess I should try my hand at scratching those. Or start sending product suggestions to Quickboost!

Also, if anyone has that set lying around unneeded, I would be glad to buy or trade them.
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
KitMaker: 5,609 posts
AeroScale: 5,231 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 09, 2008 - 06:44 AM UTC
Hi Eetu

also try the Trade forums here and e.g on Hyperscale.

IMHO Dave Klaus will start again when his ex is "buried". Meanwhile check evilbay (USA) from time to time. at the moment CE parts get high money but you might find what you need.

cheers

Steffen
Emeritus
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Uusimaa, Finland
KitMaker: 2,845 posts
AeroScale: 1,564 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 09, 2008 - 09:58 PM UTC
Good idea, I'll post a "wanted" thread in the trade forum.

No luck with Ebay yet, but I'll keep my eyes open. (Why is it evil btw? For keeping one's wallet thinner? )

I think I'll send a suggestion to Quickboost as well. There's quite a few 1:48 scale Russian aircraft kits available that could use such a gunsight.

_GOTOTOP