_GOTOBOTTOM
Rotary Wing
Discuss helicopters and other rotary wing aircraft from any era.
1/48 Mi-24 Hind by Revell
jphillips
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,066 posts
AeroScale: 214 posts
Posted: Friday, August 15, 2008 - 03:01 PM UTC
Just wanted to say, a heli near and dear to my heart, but long out of production, the Mi-24 Hind, that fierce fighter in the War on Terror, will be released once again in 1/48th scale by Revell. Great Models has announced that it is available for pre-order. O happy day!
CombatKrieg
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 517 posts
AeroScale: 62 posts
Posted: Monday, September 08, 2008 - 06:25 AM UTC
Have you got a link to it?
jphillips
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,066 posts
AeroScale: 214 posts
Posted: Monday, February 02, 2009 - 01:57 PM UTC
Here's the link: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXVSB2&P=IA
Sammuel
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 200 posts
AeroScale: 31 posts
Posted: Friday, November 30, 2012 - 05:20 AM UTC
Group;

I was at the local Michaels Craft store the other day, picking up some new brushes and some stuff for the wife. I had a 50% off cupon that I downloaded. I have plenty of projects going on and my stash with keep me busy for the next year or two.

I came across the Revell Mi 24 Hind. With the coupon I walked out the door paying $10.70. I'm not one to buy my kits from Michaels, but I saw some reviews on the kit and what others on line have done to improve the kit.

To my surprise.........its a pretty good. Nice detail, crisp molding, no flash. Along the same quality as the 1/48 Helldiver by Revell / Pro Modeler. I'm very happy with this purchase. I already started putting together the plan on how I would work this project. It wont be till well after the first of the year. I just started the Helldiver.

I'm up for lots of scratch building to improve it. I would like recommendations about any and all after market PE or detail sets. If I could avoid it, I would like to do it all myself with the detail work and not by any aftermarkit parts. One of my goals for the past few years was to improve on my scratch building skills.

Any advice from the master scratchbuilders would be great.

Sam
Jessie_C
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 6,965 posts
AeroScale: 6,247 posts
Posted: Friday, November 30, 2012 - 06:26 AM UTC
Cobra Company does some great update sets for the Revellogram kit. Cockpit, exterior, Hind F Conversion (includes the cockpit above), weapons, weapons and more weapons.
They may all be ordered directly from Cobra Company.
Sammuel
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 200 posts
AeroScale: 31 posts
Posted: Friday, November 30, 2012 - 08:10 AM UTC
Great Info!

I checked out Cobra's web page and added it to my favorites. Since I have some time before I start this project, I will see what items I may be able to scratch myself.

The cockpit they offer looks GREAT!

Sam
 _GOTOTOP