_GOTOBOTTOM
Rotary Wing
Discuss helicopters and other rotary wing aircraft from any era.
Need Help Restoring Real Helicopter
grayghost666
KitMaker: 2,458 posts
AeroScale: 197 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 19, 2008 - 12:58 PM UTC
hello all,

We are working with the Weisbrod Air Museum in Pueblo, Colorado. They were given a Sikorsky SH-34J helicopter to restore and display. But the instrument panel was stripped out when they got the bird, and we have not been able to find any information on what should go where. I am hoping that one of you might be able to help us with good photos, a schematic, or any other information that might help us put this gallant old helicopter back together.

If you'd like to see the helicopter, you can visit

http://pwam,org/sh34seah.htm

We would really appreciate any help you can give us. Restoration is well underway, but we're stuck on the instrument panel. Thanks very much.

cheers,

Bruce

lampie
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6,249 posts
AeroScale: 3,270 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 19, 2008 - 06:24 PM UTC
Hi Bruce.
The Aeroventure Museum at Doncaster in the UK has a large collection of helicoptors.
Its possible that they, or one of their contacts could have the information you need.
The museum website can be found
HERE
Hope this helps
Nige
HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
AeroScale: 1,728 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 20, 2008 - 03:42 AM UTC
Try posting at ARC (Aircraft Resource Center). They have forums for actual aircraft, pilots, and restorers.
sneakypete
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Armed Forces Pacific, United States
KitMaker: 149 posts
AeroScale: 49 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 20, 2008 - 09:24 AM UTC
The Army aviation museum at Ft Rucker has one on display I think, their website is
http://www.armyavnmuseum.org

The Naval aviation museum might have one too.
http://www.navalaviationmuseum.org

I am sure that the restoration groups at either museum can help you out or at least point you in the right direction.

-Dan
grayghost666
Posted: Wednesday, August 20, 2008 - 02:40 PM UTC
hello, all

I want to thank all of you for giving us such great suggestions. We'll be contacting each and every source you mentioned, and I'm sure we'll get the information we need.

Thanks for taking the time to help.

cheers,

bruce
LoachDriver
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ireland
KitMaker: 3 posts
AeroScale: 2 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 24, 2008 - 02:57 AM UTC
Try posting on the "Helikitnews" forum. There is a guy who logs on there regularly called Lennart Lundh. He wrote a book on the H-34 and is recognised as the expert on all versions of the H-34. If you ask him for help I'm sure he will help you as best he can. He might even know where you could get any replacement parts that you need!

LD.
grayghost666
Posted: Sunday, August 24, 2008 - 12:34 PM UTC
Aherne,

Thank you, thank you, thank you for the new lead. I am following up ASAP. You have all been so very generous with your help. I appreciate it very much. I am sure now that we'll get that helicopter put back together.

cheers,

bruce
 _GOTOTOP