_GOTOBOTTOM
Air Campaigns
Want to start or join a group build? This is where to start.
USMC Helicopter
Vermont6
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 155 posts
AeroScale: 3 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 27, 2008 - 05:44 AM UTC
As a dyed in the wool Armor officer and model builder I feel a bit like a cat in a room full of hungry dogs. As I said I almost exclusively build tanks and other armor type models, however I have two office mates who were not blessed to serve in the US Army one is a Marine (use small words and speak slowly) and the other is a USAF officer( who ended up flying UH1s?????)

In a moment of weakness I agreed to build them each "their" flying beast. So from time to time I check and see if anyone is doing a helicopter campaign. Have not seen one lately.

Is there any interest in a campaign focused on USMC helicopters both historic and current, any scale?

Let me know.

mother
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
AeroScale: 1,036 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 27, 2008 - 07:23 AM UTC
I have run the last two Helicopter campaigns. Both went pretty well. The only thing I found was that no one was just interested in just one certain helicopter build. I have to agree with it as well. I don’t think that you’ll get a large turnout with one helicopter.

As for another helicopter campaign build…yes I’d be interested. Put up a post in the helicopter forum to see many would be interested and then start up some guild lines and dates.

Joe
Vermont6
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
Posted: Wednesday, August 27, 2008 - 08:40 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I have run the last two Helicopter campaigns. Both went pretty well. The only thing I found was that no one was just interested in just one certain helicopter build. I have to agree with it as well. I don’t think that you’ll get a large turnout with one helicopter.

As for another helicopter campaign build…yes I’d be interested. Put up a post in the helicopter forum to see many would be interested and then start up some guild lines and dates.

Joe

Joe , Not looking to restrict it to one type of helicopter but rather any which has flown in the service of the USMC from 1947 to the present.

As I said in my opening pitch, aircraft is not normally me focus, and thought perhaps a Campaign would stoke my excitement.

Vermont6
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
Posted: Monday, September 01, 2008 - 09:44 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Joe

Joe , Not looking to restrict it to one type of helicopter but rather any which has flown in the service of the USMC from 1947 to the present.

As I said in my opening pitch, aircraft is not normally me focus, and thought perhaps a Campaign would stoke my excitement.

I guess I will put this back on the shelf, and wait. Just as well have Blitzkrieg to finish by the end of the month.
mother
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
AeroScale: 1,036 posts
Posted: Monday, September 01, 2008 - 12:19 PM UTC
As I was trying to say I’d think you’ll get a better response if it wasn’t restricted to just one theme. The last campaigns were open to all helicopters from all around the world. There really is a big group of helicopter guys here. Another issue is there are only a few Marine scale helicopters out, SH-2, CH-46, CH-53, UH-1N and AH-1W (I may have missed one or two) that can be bought…but they are pricey. Out of the five mentioned two can be bought averaging $25.00.

As I said before I’m very interested in this campaign…if you’d like PM me so we could talk some and see what we could do to start one up…

Joe
sgtsauer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 2,605 posts
AeroScale: 91 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 03, 2008 - 11:40 AM UTC
I would participate in a helicopter campaign if it is open to "any" helicopter. I have several in my stash and wouldn't want to be restricted to just a USMC platform.

If anyone decides to do a general helicopter campaign, I would be on board.

I will be watching to see where this goes.
 _GOTOTOP