chris1
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Auckland, New Zealand
KitMaker: 949 posts
AeroScale: 493 posts
Posted: Friday, September 05, 2008 - 12:24 PM UTC
Greetings and good morning,
Once again I need your help/assistance.
After a bit of a disastrous attempt at a 1/72nd Fokker Dr 1.(now back in the box) waiting for the modeling fairies to complete it for me and replace the parts the carpet monster has eaten,the parts are so small.
I've now made a start on the Hasegawa 1/48th Bf 109E (Galland).
The kit has the following schemes as Kdr JG 26 09/40,Kdr Jg26 12/40,Grp Kdr III Jg 26 06/40,Grp Kdr III JG 26 08/40
I'm after pictures or painting guides for any others he may have flown.In particular non mottle schemes but with the Mickey Mouse emblem.

Thanks Guys

Chris

Tomcat31
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,828 posts
AeroScale: 1,720 posts
Posted: Friday, September 05, 2008 - 07:55 PM UTC
My fiancé has this book which is quite useful with colour profiles of most of the different schemes the Galland used. When I get home I'll see if there's any matching your request and scan them for you.

Cheers

Allen
camogirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,045 posts
AeroScale: 622 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 06, 2008 - 10:03 AM UTC
Here some scans of the profiles form my book that Tomcat mentioned, these all all the aircraft Galland flew so it looks like if you want to do one with the mouse you'll have to do some mottling If you would like a larger size of the images, PM Tomcat and he can email you them.

Hope this helps

Sam
chris1
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Auckland, New Zealand
KitMaker: 949 posts
AeroScale: 493 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 06, 2008 - 11:08 AM UTC
Hello,
Alan & Samantha
Thanks for your prompt replies and input.
It looks as if I'll be going for either of the first 2 schemes,I can probably do those free hand (don't yet own an airbrush).
Alan I won't need email copies as these are included in the instructions.
It's just a shame I can't include his Mickey mouse emblem,on the aircraft,but I can put it on a display base with the Tamiya 120mm Galland figure I'll display along side.

Regards for the end of earth.but a really nice place

Chris
 _GOTOTOP