_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
1/32 Scale 1917-18 British Pilot??
Hatter50
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 478 posts
AeroScale: 391 posts
Posted: Monday, September 08, 2008 - 10:58 AM UTC
Are there any good 1/32 scale resin British Pilot figures available for the period 1917-18? Will need one to go with my SE5a. Preferably standing.

Regards
Steve
modelcellar
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
KitMaker: 75 posts
AeroScale: 50 posts
Posted: Monday, September 08, 2008 - 12:00 PM UTC
Hi Steve,

Ok, WELLLLLLL, since you asked... How 'bout Billy Bishop in leather flying coat, wearing 'Fug' boots, holding his flight helmet and smoking a cig? This will be our September release in just a few short weeks. By the way, sculpted by Mike Good.

So now the cat is out of the bag! Check it out and tell me what you think
Paul
www.ModelCellar.com

Hatter50
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Monday, September 08, 2008 - 12:17 PM UTC
Wellllllllllllllllllll, I asked......... And got a very good response. Thanks Paul.

First off, I'm brand new to WWI aircraft, but have one of the on-line builds going with the SE5a.

Your answer is a bit strange. Have never heard of your company, until I went and looked at it. SURPRISE I already have one of your figures, the "Black Knight of Germany". So I can say I do like your products.........even with the "Fug" boots. Now if i could paint mine 1/3 as well as that.

See, asking questions around here pays..............

Thanks again Paul.

Regards
Steve
modelcellar
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
Posted: Monday, September 08, 2008 - 01:48 PM UTC
HI Steve,

Glad you like our stuff!!

YOU NEVER HEARD OF US!?!?!?!?!?!? !LOL!!

Yeah, we do a lot of WWI. ...von Schleich (Black Knight) is cool, but the 1/32 Voss is REALLY nice!

...but now YOUR answer is strange: You never heard of us, but yet, when you checked our site, you were "surprised" to find that you already have one of our figures?? If you already have our figure, wouldn't you already know about us (due to box label)?

confused =))
regards,
Paul
P.S. there are more 1/32 figures on the way - stay tuned!
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Monday, September 08, 2008 - 03:36 PM UTC
Isn't is great when you ask about a figure in a specific scale the manufacturer proves that he has his thumb right on the heart beat of the modeler? Even more impressive that he responds personally. My thanks Paul. I am a satified customer. Model Cellar is tip-top in my book.
Hatter50
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Monday, September 08, 2008 - 10:46 PM UTC
Paul,

When I said i never heard of you..........is because I have not done many figures and no WWI types (There are a lot of things, techniques, companies, etc I haven't heard of in this era) . That I actually have one of yours shows me again that I do find the best. I chose Black Knight from photos and talk here on this site. I got mine from Squadron along with the Albatross DIII.

Your site has been saved in my Favorites now.

Regards
Steve
modelcellar
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
Posted: Monday, September 08, 2008 - 11:18 PM UTC
HI Steve,

Thanks, I get it now.

I'm glad you said you got von Schleich from Squadron. I was concerned that perhaps you unknowingly bought a pirated copy. You know, a vendor table at a model show, and the vendor says: "oh sorry, I don't have the box anymore, etc" In which case, without the box you would not know it's a Model Cellar piece. Hey, it happens. And so, your statement of not having heard of us but yet having one of my figures was cause for concern.

Glad you cleared that up. Keep watching our website for new releases
Regards,
Paul
RAGIII
_VISITCOMMUNITY
KitMaker: 604 posts
AeroScale: 600 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 09, 2008 - 01:08 AM UTC
Looks really nice as Mikes figures always do! Keep em coming!! A Mcudden figure would go nicely with the new Hisso SE5a. On a more obscure subject ,Phillip Prothero getting ready for a flight wearing his Kilt would be interesting and challenging
RAGIII
AJLaFleche
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 8,074 posts
AeroScale: 328 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 09, 2008 - 01:17 AM UTC
Time Machine Miniatures makes this one:
Repainted
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Östergötland, Sweden
KitMaker: 1,058 posts