_GOTOBOTTOM
Cold War (1950-1974)
Discuss the aircraft modeling subjects during the Cold War period.
Hosted by Tim Hatton
AC-47 / C-47 Walkaround photos and advice?
Havoc
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 893 posts
AeroScale: 38 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 02, 2008 - 05:24 PM UTC
Heya, Folks,

I'm mainly an armor guy, but have always been very interested in Vietnam era aircraft and helicopters.

Deciding to branch out, I just picked up the Monogram AC-47 48th scale kit and am pretty excited about modeling that aircraft...

Can anyone point me to a website with good walkaround photos (both interior and exterior)? Even a straight C-47 would be good. I'm interested mainly in painting the proper colors inside (for example, the instructions have you paint the floor "Interior Green" but I would have thought it to be a shade of aluminum... Same for the cockpit --- I want to be as accurate as possible without going too crazy. Like I said, I'm an armor guy here stepping out to see how the other half lives...

Any recommendations on colors would be appreciated.

Also, not having taken the kit out of the bags yet, it looks like you can only model it wheels down, but what would I have to do to model it in wheels up configuration (I know the wheels retract into the engine nacelles) --- is wheels up an option with this kit?

Does anyone know of any additions I can make, especially to the interior? Does anyone make appropriate pilot (seated) /flight crew figures?

Lastly, can anyone point me to a website where I can find some good tips on filling seams?

Apologies for the rookie questions!

Regards and Aloha,

Johnny B.
neefukk
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 23 posts
AeroScale: 2 posts
Posted: Monday, October 27, 2008 - 11:28 AM UTC
I think this will help you a little!
http://www.vietnamwarflight.com/Aircraft/Spooky.html
redcobra04
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 235 posts
AeroScale: 44 posts
Posted: Monday, October 27, 2008 - 11:58 AM UTC
You can also try cybermodeleronline.com They have a review an walk around photos. Some interior shots also. Just go to the site and go to bottom of page click planes. Gives you a list to pick from. Try this site for filling seams. swannysmodels.com. open page and go to bottom of page for tools and tips.Lot of info there. Hope this helps,Andy
Havoc
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 893 posts
AeroScale: 38 posts
Posted: Monday, October 27, 2008 - 04:49 PM UTC
Thanks, Pal! Great pix and references!

Much Appreciated!!

Regards and Aloha,

Johnny B.
 _GOTOTOP