Double Zero...
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 12, 2008 - 08:54 AM UTC
Hi all!

Here are pictures of Tamiya's new A6M5 model. I chose to do the two variants proposed in the kit by the japanese manufacturer. Both are from the box...

I used the kit's decals for the markings and Tamiya acrylic paints. I've mixed my own colors because I wanted to depict the difference between a Mitsubishi and a Nakajima built aircraft.

Jean-Luc

VonCuda
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,216 posts
AeroScale: 1,080 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 12, 2008 - 11:27 AM UTC
Once again, beautiful work Jean-Luc!
I just returned to modeling after a one year break and my newest project is a Tamiya A6M5c Zero. Here is a pic of her. I still need to finish the decals and apply the weathering. I'm sorry to post a picture of my build on your thread but I thought it was interesting to see the differences in how realistic your build is compared to mine.

Beautiful job!

This post was removed.
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 12, 2008 - 10:14 PM UTC
Beautiful work Jean-Luc!

I knew you'd be able to finish two kits quicker than I can build one! My effort has sat with its decals on, half-weathered, for a couple of weeks waiting for me to have some time in my workroom. Maybe this week... I always say that, don't I!

The way you've modelled the aerial attachment is especially effective - that would make a great subject for a How-To Feature.

Hermon - that's a fine build too! A touch of weathering will really bring it to life.

All the best

Rowan
Yeti123
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 311 posts
AeroScale: 278 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 12, 2008 - 11:46 PM UTC
Jean-Luc
Another beautiful build. The chiped paint effect looks great. You make it look easy.
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
Posted: Monday, October 13, 2008 - 06:27 AM UTC
Hi all!

Thanks for the kind words...

Hermon, Rowan is right, your A6M5c looks great and maybe only needs some weathering. Did you rescribe the panel lines that are in relief on your kit?

It's Zero time on Aeroscale! I really hope you will add yours soon Rowan.

Jean-Luc
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
Posted: Monday, October 20, 2008 - 05:29 AM UTC
Hi all,

Here are some more pictures with the complet set of aircraft, vehicles and figures...

Except from the aerial wires, everything is from the box. The four pilot figures which are included in the Zero box are really fantastic. I wouldn't be surprised if Tamiya asked the sculptor from ICM to do them, because the "style" and the quality is similar.

Jean-Luc
 _GOTOTOP