_GOTOBOTTOM
Rotary Wing
Discuss helicopters and other rotary wing aircraft from any era.
Canadian CH - 135
Joker
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 813 posts
AeroScale: 30 posts
Posted: Monday, October 13, 2008 - 02:12 PM UTC
Hi All,

I'm starting the Dragon UH-1N and converting it to the Canadian CH-135.

I'm wondering, if there are any differences there are between a US version and a Canadian version.

I realize that Canadians use the helicopter as a troop transport A/C and not a gunship as the Dragon version would have you build, so no miniguns or rockets.

Does anyone know of any walk arounds? I had a quick peek at Prime Portal, but didn't have any luck.

Anyone help a newbie out here?

Thanks for your time
Pete
grubbyfingers
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 404 posts
AeroScale: 339 posts
Posted: Monday, October 13, 2008 - 02:46 PM UTC
Hi Peter,

I have a walkaround of a Canadian civil 212 if that is any use? I understand the Dragon UH-1N is a fair way off being correct anyway, so it may be closer than you think for a CH-135.

No doubt Gino will fill you in on the differences.

I hope this helps.

Graeme.

B212 Walkaround
HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
AeroScale: 1,728 posts
Posted: Monday, October 13, 2008 - 06:49 PM UTC
Actually, it makes into a Canadian CH-135 straight out of the box. It is a pretty good representation if an N model, just sand down the rivets some and you will be good.

You will need to add a few details though, such as the wire strike guards around the windsheild wipers, and lots of details to the interior. The instrument panel on the Eduard sheet is an H model panel too, not an N/CH-135 panel.

You might want to get the Cobra Company UH-1N Detail Set (USAF) for the interior details and correct panel. It has a corrected nose (kit shape is a little too short) and detailed doors too. It has all you need to make it really nice. I highly recommend it.

Good luck and show us some pics.
Joker
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 813 posts
AeroScale: 30 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 14, 2008 - 02:16 AM UTC
Cool, thanks for the info.
Regards

Pete
 _GOTOTOP