_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
P-47D TuAF
JollyRoger
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Istanbul, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 1,241 posts
AeroScale: 616 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 16, 2008 - 03:00 AM UTC
Hi guys. Here is my attempt to build a model of a Jug served in Turkish Airforce in th late 1940s. I decided to build a 1/72 version of Holy, which was built by a friend of mine last year in 1/32. This particular one came to Turkey in 1947 with some of it's original insignia and nose art and flew like this for a while, I tried to represent this period. Kit is Revell M, decals are from box, Turquoise Decals and the nose art is from an E-Bay seller, which I must admitt apart from lacking white on it superb. Has some more work to do, this is how it looks now.

Oh yes the dummy(me) placed the flag on the right side reverse...will be fixed...I hope.

Cheers...
lampie
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6,249 posts
AeroScale: 3,270 posts
Posted: Friday, October 17, 2008 - 05:03 AM UTC
Very nice Yalym.
Will you be entering the Thunderbolt Group Build next year as well?
Nige
SGTJKJ
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 10,069 posts
AeroScale: 3,788 posts
Posted: Friday, October 17, 2008 - 09:05 PM UTC
Looks good - interesting markings. Some mechanic should go and tighten those oil pipes

Hope to see you in the campaign next year
JollyRoger
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Istanbul, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 1,241 posts
AeroScale: 616 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 19, 2008 - 09:26 PM UTC
Thanks guys. Well actually I am not a great fan of T-bolts but lately I somehow started to find them intresting. No promisses but I may join the campaigne. Afterall I have at least one more in my stash to build. After building this kit, I may even possess more, it is a lovely kit the Revell is.
Hmmm and yes, I overdid the oil stuff... I am not particularly familiar with T-bolt oil leaks, it is a habit I got from Bf.109s...
 _GOTOTOP