_GOTOBOTTOM
Modern (1975-today)
Discuss the modern aircraft age from 1975 thru today.
Mig 29-S Fulcrum versus Mig 29 M Fulcrum
MoldovanRookie
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moldova
KitMaker: 7 posts
AeroScale: 2 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 21, 2008 - 07:33 AM UTC
I wish to model a Mig 29-S Fulcrum as deployed by the Moldavian Airforce - I'm not a modern jet modeller but fancy this as the history of these planes in my country of residence (Moldova) is interesting.

Any MIG buffs that can tell me if there is a substantial diff in the airframe of a Mig 29-S as opposed to the Mig 29 M as I'm looking at a 1.32 Trumpeter as maybe the basis?

Appreciate any help on this!

Cheers

Peter
vanize
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,954 posts
AeroScale: 1,163 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 22, 2008 - 10:56 AM UTC
I don't know, but i am curious too - actually curious about all the mig-29 variants and their differences....

...so, BUMP!
madwolf
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 258 posts
AeroScale: 66 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 22, 2008 - 06:34 PM UTC
I'm in the process of building a couple of Moldovan MiGs myself, only in 1/48. Do you want to build them in their new paint scheme, or the pre-USA sale one?

You're probably better off using an M model if you want to depict the S (although Moldova did have a few As, if you're interested in doing one of those).

Without looking through all of my 29 books, here is a Wikipedia article:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikoyan_MiG-29M

It seems the cockpit will be one of the main differences (visible in a model anyway), so you may want to consider the K model if you want a closer-to-S cockpit look.
MoldovanRookie
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moldova
KitMaker: 7 posts
AeroScale: 2 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 22, 2008 - 07:53 PM UTC
Hi

Yes will be decked out in pre-sale livery, cheers for the link. Accuracy isn't going to be the main issue here rather than making a talking point for my Moldovian in-laws etc ;-)

I'm trying to track down local people who may have more info if I get any I'll maybe post here, although there's a fair few photos on the web.

I'll probably do a dry run on a very cheap Revell that I've got coming and if i like what I do take a Trumpeter K and work that one.
Something to keep me busy during the cold winter over here.

Good luck with your pair of Mig 29's.

_GOTOTOP