_GOTOBOTTOM
Cold War (1950-1974)
Discuss the aircraft modeling subjects during the Cold War period.
Hosted by Tim Hatton
Trouble with Hobby Boss Mig 17 F
Rattler
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 512 posts
AeroScale: 104 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 22, 2008 - 12:15 PM UTC
I was wondering if anyone else has picked up this kit.. and have had troubles with things fitting oddly or NOT at all...

Chris
Yoni_Lev
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 861 posts
AeroScale: 111 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 23, 2008 - 12:58 PM UTC
I don't have the kit in my hands yet, but I did find this over on ARC, FWIW. Based on the posted date, I'm assuming he's working with the actual model, and not a pre-production sample.

-YL
Rattler
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 512 posts
AeroScale: 104 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 23, 2008 - 01:19 PM UTC
cool, went an checked it out... lol he tapped over the location where it is oversized lol where the halfs join up.. in the middle... ugha.. well I'll just scrap the hunk of junk.. an the cock pit is really sparce.. they could have done a much better job on the insterment panel I think.

vanize
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,954 posts
AeroScale: 1,163 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 23, 2008 - 04:12 PM UTC
i'm working on an in-box review of this kit for this very site (to be submitted this weekend).

I have done some test fitting, and while i see that some things are definitely fiddly, I would have to say I think the overall fit is actually pretty good.

The nose looks like it will be a difficult assembly, but not a bad one. the fuselage halves (front and back) will need some work to get together (but it is certainly doable), and that bulkhead holding the engine is undersized. I don't see any of these as huge issues.

where are your trouble spots? i'm interested so i can include it in the review.

I agree the cockpit could have been done a lot better, along with the canopy.
 _GOTOTOP