Modern aircraft of the United States.
Pan-Am Flights of Fancy 777
Red4
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,287 posts
AeroScale: 1,164 posts
Posted: Friday, October 31, 2008 - 03:07 PM UTC
I just put the finishing touches on this build last night. I have been waiting on decals to arrive and they finally did. This is Minicrafts offering in 1/144. Even in this scale this kit is huge. I dwarfs all other 1/144 kits I have on the same shelf with it. Even dwarfing some all my 1/72 scale on the same shelf. It is large enought that it won't fit inside my photo tent, hence the pics on the work bench!! It was built pretty much OOB with the exception of adding the nav lights and a scratchbuilt antenna or two on the spine. BMF was used for the leading edges of the wings, horizontal stabs, and tail. Tamiya TS-13 Pure White was used for the majority of the painting with the lighter and darker grays coming from the Humbrol line. I can't recall the exact colors as none were called for, just generic "light gray" "dark gray". Decals were a little tricky to use as they were so long. I cut them up into four individual sections to make installation easier. The snuggled right down with a little Micro sol/set. Overall a nice kit that actually went together really fast. Thanks for lookings. Comments welcome. "Q"

Siderius
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 1,747 posts
AeroScale: 1,673 posts
Posted: Friday, October 31, 2008 - 03:22 PM UTC
Very nice work indeed. Enjoy seeing more civil stuff on here. Good job. Russell
Red4
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,287 posts
AeroScale: 1,164 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 01, 2008 - 04:53 AM UTC
Thanks for the kudos Russell. It really was an fun kit. I have built other liners, well, just one, but it was so much smaller than this one even though it was in the same scale. Hoping to get some better pics of this one soon. Thanks again for the kudos. "Q"
CombatKrieg
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 517 posts
AeroScale: 62 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 12, 2008 - 02:43 AM UTC
How did you achieve that glossy white on the body? I got a Kitech 747 and I'm not looking foward to starting on it till i know how to achieve that effect lol... Nice work!
LuckyBlunder
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 273 posts
AeroScale: 163 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 13, 2008 - 12:25 AM UTC
Another superb job, Mattew. You must work at Warp 9 to fit this in with the Connie.

I guess it's a generational thing, but I don't find the same majesty about the modern airliners that I feel for the Connie and it's contemporaries. That is in no way a criticism of your work - absolutely beautiful.

I see I'm not the only one who's interested in your technique with the gloss white paint. As well as I can tekk, it's flawless.

Steve
 _GOTOTOP