A-20G Boston Soviet torpedo bomber
TuomasH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Turku ja Pori, Finland
KitMaker: 470 posts
AeroScale: 279 posts
Posted: Friday, October 31, 2008 - 09:40 PM UTC
Hey all!

I have recently purchased the Italeri A-20G (kit nro. 2637) and I wish to make it a torpedobomber, as many of the G-models became. What modifications Soviets made to transport regular bomber into torpedo bomber? Atleast I must build torpedo hangers and shut the bomb gap.

Thanks in advance!
taylgr
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Australia
KitMaker: 152 posts
AeroScale: 12 posts
Posted: Friday, October 31, 2008 - 11:11 PM UTC
Tuomas

Here are a few shots of soviet torpedo bostons - note torp shackles could also be used for bombs

And don't forget the navigators additional three windows in the rear fusealage

Greg

Clarification:
"This posting contains copyrighted material the use of which has not been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. This material is being made available to the members of this forum for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, or research.

I believe this is not an infringement of copyright and constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in Section 107 of the US Copyright Law."
TuomasH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Turku ja Pori, Finland
KitMaker: 470 posts
AeroScale: 279 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 01, 2008 - 02:21 AM UTC
Thank you Greg for those pictures, but I have already found them. I do need more precise help which conversions were made, since I'm not that good I could say the difference between normal and torpedo bomber bostons. So far I've found following conversions: Bomb bays shut, torpedo rack and navigators windows.

Tuomas
Apex1701
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 38 posts
AeroScale: 30 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 16, 2008 - 05:49 AM UTC
Hi Tuomas,

you might want to get a look here:
http://scalemodels.ru/modules/forum/viewtopic_t_2641.html
It's in russian but it's full of pics of a Matchbox 1/72 boston torpedo bomber in construction.

Hoping this helps.

Jean
 _GOTOTOP