_GOTOBOTTOM
Cold War (1950-1974)
Discuss the aircraft modeling subjects during the Cold War period.
Hosted by Tim Hatton
1/72 Connie Finished
Red4
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,287 posts
AeroScale: 1,164 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 12, 2008 - 05:38 PM UTC
Well, it has been somewhat painful the last couple of days trying to finish the ole girl, but she is done. I had problems with the paint, window masking, antenna leads, antenna masts, not enough weight to keep her on her legs...argh, but I dealt with it as best I could and put the wraps on her early this evening. Thanks to those that followed along with the blog. You can look for another blog on another Connie in the future, only that one will be in military markings and have a few more bells and whistles. Thanks again for watching and all the positive comments along the way. "Q"

Siderius
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 1,747 posts
AeroScale: 1,673 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 13, 2008 - 02:10 PM UTC
Love that Connie! How do you turn out good models at such a rapid pace? That must be all you do! Ha ha.

The Constellation has such a distinctive look to her. A beautiful build on your part. I have the Heller Connie in 1/72 in Pan Am markings. I would like to build her as nice as yours. Great job. Russell
Red4
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Friday, November 14, 2008 - 01:22 AM UTC
Russell, Thanks for the kudos. Af far as building fast, I don't know. I just go and stop when I feel I can't do anything else without ruining something I know a lot of short cuts too, and I devote at least some time to working on my projects every day whether it be a few minutes or 10 hours. I get it in where I can. I have 10 more 1/72 Connies on the shelves waiting and I'll be looking for more this week end. You can never have too many.. lol. Thanks again for the kudos. "Q"
Red4
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Monday, November 17, 2008 - 11:50 AM UTC
Well, I took the Connie south for a contest and she flamed out which I totally expected . Far too many issues to come away with an award, but she does photograph well and looks good sitting in the display case I got another build started the night before I left for the contest. A Williams Bros. C-46 Commando. Don't run away screaming...its really a nice kit. Just needs some TLC and patience . I'll get the blog up of her build up soon. Stay tuned.
"Q"
Yeti123
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 311 posts
AeroScale: 278 posts
Posted: Monday, November 17, 2008 - 03:03 PM UTC
Matthew:
Now a C46. Outstanding. I have always wanted to see someone tackle the Williams brothers kit. I am afraid I do not have the patience to do it

Taylor
 _GOTOTOP