_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
P-47M 1/72
Veliki
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Saone-et-Loire, France
KitMaker: 75 posts
AeroScale: 52 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 13, 2008 - 08:22 PM UTC
Hello,
This one is the small P-47M produced by Revell few yaers ago. Excellent kit, built here absolutely from the box, with genuine decals. For few euros you can get something rather cool and reasonably accurate.
Mixed blue acrylic colors on the top and natural metal finish for the undersides.
Cheers,

AirLedge
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Cork, Ireland
KitMaker: 292 posts
AeroScale: 265 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 13, 2008 - 09:16 PM UTC
Hi,

Really great job on the Jug.

I have the current Revell 1/72 Thunderbolt in the stash and it looks like a really nicely detailed kit. I'm keeping it for the Tbolt campaign coming up next year. Have you signed up?
Veliki
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Saone-et-Loire, France
KitMaker: 75 posts
AeroScale: 52 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 13, 2008 - 09:36 PM UTC
Hi,
Thanks ! The model is reall great. As long as I remenber, probably one of the easiest kits I have ever made. Nice and soft plastic with superb engraved panel lines.
What's the Tbolt campain you mention ??
Cheers
lampie
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6,249 posts
AeroScale: 3,270 posts
Posted: Friday, November 14, 2008 - 02:26 AM UTC
Hi Nuno.
Nice "Pengie".
The P-47 group build is called Cave Tonitrum( Beware The Thunderbolt), and is being run to coincide with the launch of Aeroscales, and indeed the whole Kimaker networks, first Special Interest Group, dedicated to all things P-47.
The site can be found in the drop down menu at the top left hand side of the page your looking at, or alternatively.click on the link.
P-47 Special Interest Group
It would be great to see more photos of your P-47M posted in the dedicated P-47 forums.
Enjoy the site
Nige
Siderius
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 1,747 posts
AeroScale: 1,673 posts
Posted: Friday, November 14, 2008 - 04:32 AM UTC
Great build. I built the Revell 1/72 scale P-47M, 56th fighter group of course, 63 fighter squadron. Used some different blues than you but it is hard to exactely tell which colors were used. Again, a great build. I enjoyed looking at it. Russell
Antoni
_VISITCOMMUNITY
KitMaker: 574 posts
AeroScale: 573 posts
Posted: Friday, November 14, 2008 - 08:07 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Great build. I built the Revell 1/72 scale P-47M, 56th fighter group of course, 63 fighter squadron. Used some different blues than you but it is hard to exactely tell which colors were used. Again, a great build. I enjoyed looking at it. Russell

In the case of Pengie V that is not true. There are no known photographs of Pengie V, unless some have surfaced in recent months, which is highly unlikely. The markings are derived from a contemporary model which was painted with the same paints used on the original. A more detailed account and photos of the model can be found here:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/149674/thread/1129144219/Remnant+of+Elusive+Black+Paint+used+on+61st+FS+56th+FG+P-47M%27s+-+Photos

and here:

http://www.largescaleplanes.com/articles/WW2/MichaelDobrzelecki/Gladych_P-47M/Gladych_P-47M.html

lampie
_VISITCOMMUNITY
KitMaker: 6,249 posts
AeroScale: 3,270 posts
Posted: Friday, November 14, 2008 - 08:16 AM UTC
Russels refering to the 63rd FS which were indeed shades of blue. The exact colours have never been determined. Even the crew chiefs who painted them can't remember the colours used.
Mike Gladych, as your probably aware, flew in the 61st FS of the 56th.
I didnt comment of the colour of the model of Pengie because I didnt want this to become a rivet counter comment, but as its already been pointed out I'll just refer you all to
THIS THREAD on 61st FS "M" colours.

Comments on that thread are welcome.
Nige

There are a couple of things on the Pengie model that rivet counters would pick up as not being correct, but thats just being picky, and thats not what this sites about.
Nige
 _GOTOTOP