_GOTOBOTTOM
Pre-Flight Check
Constructive critique of your finished or in-progress photos.
Hasegawa AH64-A Iraqi Freedom
__dmh__
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 33 posts
AeroScale: 32 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 18, 2008 - 10:47 PM UTC
Hi,

I've not posted any of my work on here before, mainly because I'm new to this way of modelling (I did it when I was younger as we all did - plenty of paint on a brush!). This is my second build using the airbrush, filling gaps etc. It's the first time that I've used any preshading or weathering though.

It's the Hasegawa Iraqi Freedom 1:48. The kit comes with two options, the normal green on - or the lesser seen grey one. I decided to do the grey one - only to REALLY stuggle with reference pics. The one's I did find were on Flickr and have since been removed

Overall the kit went together very well, as expected. The only thing I'd fault are the grey decals, or should I say pink. From what I'd expect, they should be dark grey... they're not.

Any thoughts or comments are obviously welcome, as I'm still very new to it - there's bound to be things that I can take onboard for my next build.

Thanks.
_H_Dori
_VISITCOMMUNITY
KitMaker: 295 posts
AeroScale: 276 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 20, 2008 - 10:19 PM UTC
60+ views and no comments??

Well I think it's great for so many firsts mate. Shame about the decals but they're hardly your fault. I'm really looking forward to seeing what you do next too.

Howard
__dmh__
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Thursday, November 20, 2008 - 11:07 PM UTC
Thanks Howard, I guess it's just not catching peoples eyes. OR they see the pink decals and think I've done some 'pimp my chopper' effort

Back to the WW2 from now on though!
sgtsauer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 2,605 posts
AeroScale: 91 posts
Posted: Friday, November 21, 2008 - 02:21 AM UTC
Your build looks really good to me. I've been eye-balling this kit for a long time but can't justify buying it with 100+ kits in my stash.

Try not to let the decals discourage you too much. If nothing else, you can take the "mouth" off and still have a great looking helo. The people that see your build in person probably won't know the difference.

Overall, I think you did great!
__dmh__
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Friday, November 21, 2008 - 02:36 AM UTC
Thanks Brent. You're right, the camera has brought them out far more than they appear in the 'flesh' but it was either show the detail and highlight them or not.

It's a great kit to build though, very little work needed to get things to fit well. You just need very small fingers for the tiny parts!

Thanks again.
 _GOTOTOP