1/72 Messerschmitt 262 B-1 diorama
TheZOX
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Slovenia
KitMaker: 86 posts
AeroScale: 75 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 23, 2008 - 10:52 AM UTC
Hi.
This is my diorama that I finished two days ago. The model is from heller in 1/72 scale. I used eduards PE and CMK resin parts that were designed for the revell kit. So I had alot of work to do on this one. I was forced to destroy an old revell me 262 a-1 that I build as a kid because the heller engine was weird looking compared to the CMK engine. After puttying and sanding I had to rescribe the pannel lines because the kit had raised ones. The camuflage was painted with gunze acrylics. Weathering was done with black wash and post shading.

For more information just ask.

Construction:

Finished model:

lespauljames
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,661 posts
AeroScale: 369 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 23, 2008 - 11:22 AM UTC
thats nice, one qualm, wouldnt the 262 need a more solid surface for taxiing?
love the kubelwagen!
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 23, 2008 - 07:51 PM UTC
Hi Zoran

Beautiful work all round! The conversion and camouflage is superb, as are the groundwork and figures. Jimmy may well be right, but I see you've got the Kettenrad there to tow the Me 262 away from this hidden dispersal.

This would make a great Feature describing how you made all the different elements.

All the best

Rowan
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 23, 2008 - 08:29 PM UTC
Hi Zoran!

Quoted Text

This would make a great Feature describing how you made all the different elements

I agree, this would make a fantastic feature! Could you describe how you did the foliage on the trees? It looks very realistic...

Jean-Luc
FalkeEins
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 868 posts
AeroScale: 690 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 25, 2008 - 01:35 AM UTC
..superb build Zoran, well done on all that sanding and re-scribing. Superb finish - can't tell whether the mottle is grey, brown or green...but the restorers of the dual-seat NF 262 that went to the Saxonwold museum in South Africa decided that the upper camo of their machine (Red eight) had most probably been a dense mottle of greens & browns (see Air International 1975 issue). That Heller kit is showing its age - any reason why you did not use the Revell kit....despite the 'boxed in' wheel wells, its cheap and nicely detailed.
TheZOX
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Slovenia
KitMaker: 86 posts
AeroScale: 75 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 25, 2008 - 09:32 AM UTC
Thank you guys I`m happy that you all like it.

Rowan:
I would love to have a feature to describe everthing in detail but I dont know how to make one.You should help me at this point. But I need at least two weeks to write eveything down because I have alot to do after school.

Jean-Luc:
The foliage is from Noch, costs about 2€. I applied it with a mix of water and wood glue that was sprayd onto the branches.

Neil:
I didn`t used the revell kit because there was no auction on eBay for this specific model at this time or the seller didnt wanted to send it to Slovenia. The heller kit was not cheap I thik I paid 27€ with shipping . For that much money you can get three revells but OK its rare.

I had to cut alot of plastic away because the wings didnt want to fit on the fuselage therefor the coverd wheel wells. At first I wanted to use revells entire cockpit area to get the proper wheel wells but it was not possible it would just deform the fuslage to a ridiculous wide. So the cover is there becuase there is no detail to show .
FalkeEins
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 868 posts
AeroScale: 690 posts
Posted: Friday, November 28, 2008 - 03:26 AM UTC

Quoted Text

For that much money you can get three revells but OK its rare.

..well I guess it was worth it in the end !...excellent result !
 _GOTOTOP