_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Need help with FW190 A8 stencils!
Desmoquattro
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Brunswick, Canada
KitMaker: 235 posts
AeroScale: 18 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 02, 2008 - 09:47 AM UTC
I'm working on the Accurate Miniatures/Eduard A8 and I have to say, the decal guide is completely useless. Most of it is wrong (much guesswork is involved), and about half the included stencils are not shown (nothing is provided to show the stencil decals on the underside, for example). Does anyone have a detailed guide for stencil placement handy? Even just clear illustrations or photos would be great.
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
KitMaker: 5,609 posts
AeroScale: 5,231 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 02, 2008 - 10:27 AM UTC
Hi Jason

whenever you need instructions for an eduard kit: just visit their site. They have most of them online as pdf:

http://www.eduard.cz/products/pdf/n84/8429.pdf
(page 11)

HTH

cheers

Steffen
Desmoquattro
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Brunswick, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, December 02, 2008 - 02:07 PM UTC
That solves the mystery of the underside - but I've still got about 10 types of mystery markings leftover. The heck? Did they just take every Luftwaffe stencil ever and throw them all on one sheet? Seems like a waste.
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Tuesday, December 02, 2008 - 08:39 PM UTC
Hi again

Jason, do not forget to use your brain when modeling. I know such things can drive you crazy but 99% of the stencils have a logical place where they should go. Post a pic of those you cannot locate and maybe I can help.

Also check the AM instructions again, very often some decals have to be placed during construction....

all the best

Steffen
Desmoquattro
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Brunswick, Canada
Posted: Wednesday, December 03, 2008 - 04:02 AM UTC
I've already sealed the decals so I won't be adding any more. I figured it had "enough" I know a few go on odd bits, namely the props and landing gear legs, and the drop tank I didn't use, but there are still a lot left that aren't used. Shame because they are really nicely printed.
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Wednesday, December 03, 2008 - 04:13 AM UTC
Hi jason

yes, I can understand that you have enough .... darn instructions .. I seldom use those

cheers

Steffen
 _GOTOTOP