_GOTOBOTTOM
Rotary Wing
Discuss helicopters and other rotary wing aircraft from any era.
1/35 AH-64D Apache?
DeskJockey
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,558 posts
AeroScale: 12 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 07, 2008 - 06:15 AM UTC
I recently read that IMEX or Kangnam produced a 1/35 scale AH-64D Apache Longbow kit, but haven't been able to find one for sale anywhere. It is listed at $35 in a couple of places, but they are out of stock. Does anyone know the quality of the kit? Is it accurate? Is it worth it? If anyone has one in their stash, I might be interested in buying it.

Thanks!
HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
AeroScale: 1,728 posts
Posted: Monday, December 08, 2008 - 06:18 PM UTC
As I wrote in the Buy, Sell, Trade Forum...

It has been out a few years now. Definitely not worth it. The fuselage is inaccurate in shape and angles. The fit of parts suck. The instructions are really bad, etc., etc., etc. The D model is only their inaccuarte A model with the radome on top, no other D model upgrades (which there are many and they are major) were made to the kit.

If you want a good, large-scale Apache, get the Revell 1/32 kit and the Verlinden upgrade set for it. It is very accurate and well molded. It will build up into a late '80s Apache out of the box. With some work, it can be brought up to a pretty current AH-64A.

Good luck.
DeskJockey
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,558 posts
AeroScale: 12 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 09, 2008 - 02:02 PM UTC
Thanks for the info, Gino. I really appreciate you waving me off of this kit. I guess I'll look into getting the 1/48 Hasegawa Longbow.
 _GOTOTOP