_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
Morane-Sauliner , so far .
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 6,743 posts
AeroScale: 6,151 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 18, 2008 - 04:56 AM UTC
Hi guy's and Gal's . I just wanted to share this with the rest of the string baggers .
This is my build so far for the Ladies Campaign . I have had my ups and down on this project . Had massive paint lifting when I removed the masking from the wing ribbing . Broke off the tail planes twice !! dropped it once and ended up gluing two fingers toegther ! ( Don't ask how that happened )

Still have some rigging to be done and a little more weathering . Last stage will be the tail planes and hopefully I will not break them off again .
LongKnife
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Jönköping, Sweden
KitMaker: 831 posts
AeroScale: 688 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 18, 2008 - 05:16 AM UTC
Wow. I love that little bird, and yours does it justice. It's almost strange why the world would go the doppeldecker way during the war, when the monoplane was at this level.

I also reeeally want to know about your fingers, but I guess that question would be like asking a lady her weight or age, right?
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 18, 2008 - 05:25 AM UTC
Nicely Done! Tell us which pilot it represents.
guitarlute101
_VISITCOMMUNITY
West Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,121 posts
AeroScale: 1,063 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 18, 2008 - 05:28 AM UTC

Wow Terri, you're really doing great. The woodgrain on the prop is especially nice.

Mark
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Thursday, December 18, 2008 - 06:02 AM UTC
Thanks Tony . I always wonder about that as well . With Fokker and Bristol having momoplanes that this wasn't followed more for development until the end of war when Junkers came out with the D.1 .

In all honesty Stephen I have no idea who the pilot was . I did try the web but came out empty handed . Only thing I found was guys complaining about the kit . Sure it has it's faults , but which kit doesn't ! I start with no ref's at all and when I did find some in a old issue of windsock inter / it was to late to make the changes in the cockpit . My hunt still goes for ref's I still have Flashbacks kit in the stash .

Thanks Mark , the prop is painted all with acrylics . I started with painting it all in black first . Them one coat of testors wood and when that was dry I lightly dry brushed tamiya brown a few times with the last past with rubbing motion and then one coat of tamiya clear orange . The tail skid was done the same way .
Rittersbach
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 83 posts
AeroScale: 80 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 18, 2008 - 06:05 AM UTC
Looking good!

Terri, try the yellow masking tape from Taymia. I swear by this stuff. Leaves a clean edge, if you burnish it down properly, and I have never had any paint lift with it. It's rather cheap too.

Jeff
MerlinV
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 608 posts
AeroScale: 602 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 18, 2008 - 09:28 AM UTC
Super Cool Terri... In fact, Subzero!

Nice little Monoplane. Did you mention the kit and the scale?

Your camera work is doing your modelling justice too.

Cheers,

Hugh
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Thursday, December 18, 2008 - 04:53 PM UTC
Thanks Jeff , it has been a while since I heard from you . I do have Tamiya tape just haven't tried it yet but I will when I do the stripes on the fokker .

Hugh , thanks for the kind words . I had a really great teacher for taking pic's !
The kit is Eduards #8090 in 48 scale .
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Saturday, December 20, 2008 - 03:10 AM UTC
Rigging is almost done ...................................
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Sunday, December 21, 2008 - 02:59 AM UTC
Forward rigging has come to a end now . I still have to weather the wheels with a oil wash , which I'm out of black paint ! So off to the hobby shop for that . In the mean time the tail plane will be next after I fix the rudder again do to dropping it once more !

With this one coming to end I can turn back to the fokker build
LongKnife
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Jönköping, Sweden
KitMaker: 831 posts
AeroScale: 688 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 21, 2008 - 03:13 AM UTC
I'll have to say like Oddball in Kellys Heroes. "No negative waves Terri. I'ts a beautiful airplane and it's going to survive."

That movie should be tonights feature in the cafe.
 _GOTOTOP