_GOTOBOTTOM
Modern (1975-today)
Discuss the modern aircraft age from 1975 thru today.
F4 f Phantom 2 weapon pylons ????
Razorback51
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 49 posts
AeroScale: 47 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 20, 2008 - 11:37 PM UTC
HI all
on a recent trip to my local model zone store my girlfriend asked me what kit i would like for christmas i soon spotted Revells 50th anniversary 1/32 F4 Phantom 2 and gave her a hint that this could be the one for me.
Later that night a large box appeared under the christmas tree mmm i wonder what that could be hohoho
i then sat down at the pc and decided to do a bit of research on the kit and decided to build a gulf war version of the jet using AIRDOC's decals. It was then i noticed from a picture that there seems to be no weapon pylons. Can anyone tell me if there are any weapon pylons available ?? and has anybody built one these kits??

Thanks guys
warlock0322
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,036 posts
AeroScale: 286 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 21, 2008 - 01:59 AM UTC
The Bomb racks and the MER/TER ejector racks are available out there. They are expensive too. I believe the main pylons are available out there but your going to have to dig. Hobby lobby Japan has the MER/TER pack for about $14.00 a set ( you only get one). CAM Decals is the manufacturer of these sets.

You will need the main pyoln to use this though. If all else fails you may find someone who has some extra pylons from another kit if needed or someone with a bigger shovel that can dig deeper than I can..

Hope this helped in some way

Paul
Razorback51
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 49 posts
AeroScale: 47 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 21, 2008 - 08:06 AM UTC
Yeah thanks paul that helps
i iv had a look again and still cant find much either.
i can feel a scratch build coming on haha
well thanks again have a good christmas
warlock0322
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,036 posts
AeroScale: 286 posts
Posted: Monday, December 22, 2008 - 01:19 AM UTC
Dave:

If you cannot find the main pylons for the F-4 Specifically. you may be able to use some from another Air Force Jet from the same Era or later ( I.E F-15 or 16 maybe). I believe that the pylons back then were maybe close to the same shape and size.

That doesn't mean you may have to modify them a bit but you may not have to build them from scratch either as fun as that may be.

Happy Holidays to you and yours & have a Great New Year as well

Paul
 _GOTOTOP