_GOTOBOTTOM
Modern (1975-today)
Discuss the modern aircraft age from 1975 thru today.
A-7E Corsair II VA-113
Silantra
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Putrajaya, Malaysia
KitMaker: 2,511 posts
AeroScale: 121 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 21, 2008 - 01:20 PM UTC
Finally, it's done.
This is Fujimi A-7E Corsair II Stingers build OOB with replacement decal from Model Decal. Painted with Mr. Color.
Here are the photos. Photos are not so good because I'm using my hp camera.

Comments are welcome.
Thanks for viewing.

Zaidi
mother
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
AeroScale: 1,036 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 21, 2008 - 03:14 PM UTC
Hello Zaidi,
Great job man, she looks great. Your pre-shading and panel lines came out nice as the decals. The funny thing is that I'm working on the 1/48th version and same markings. Did you have any problems on your Bee decals stinger being its long? I'm going to cut mine to make installing easier.

Happy Holidays,
Joe
Yeti123
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 311 posts
AeroScale: 278 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 21, 2008 - 03:31 PM UTC
Zaidi:
Beautiful A7. I am not a big jet person, but A7s have some colorful markings. The weathering on yours looks great

Taylor
Silantra
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Putrajaya, Malaysia
KitMaker: 2,511 posts
AeroScale: 121 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 21, 2008 - 03:41 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hello Zaidi,
Great job man, she looks great. Your pre-shading and panel lines came out nice as the decals. The funny thing is that I'm working on the 1/48th version and same markings. Did you have any problems on your Bee decals stinger being its long? I'm going to cut mine to make installing easier.

Happy Holidays,
Joe

Joe, thanks for your kind words.
I dont have any problem with the bee decal. Probably it's 1/72nd and not that long. I dont have any idea about 1/48 and somemore the model decal is a bit on the thick side.... I may suggest that u cut the word STINGERS from the BEE motive. I regretted not doing so because the carier film took much space that the NE marking got little space...
BTW, i'm working on the 1/48th as well but the marking is for VA-12. The project got stucked in the middle coz of bad fitting but i just continued the build 2 days ago...
I got the 1/32 to go with the STINGERS too...but wont dare to start it yet ... i love stingers..

Taylor, thanks mate.... i got a few more SLUF in the stash ...love the SLUF!!! and why they even called it Short Looking Ugly F%^^ ???

Zaidi
sarge450
_VISITCOMMUNITY
West Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 60 posts
AeroScale: 5 posts
Posted: Monday, January 19, 2009 - 05:11 PM UTC
Nice Corsair.
LuckyBlunder
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 273 posts
AeroScale: 163 posts
Posted: Monday, January 19, 2009 - 10:06 PM UTC
This brings back a lot of memories. I was in the Fuselage design group at LTV when they were building the A-7.

Great job!
drabslab
_VISITCOMMUNITY
European Union
KitMaker: 2,186 posts
AeroScale: 1,587 posts
Posted: Monday, January 19, 2009 - 11:24 PM UTC
Very nice,

but I am a bit surprised to see elatively modern missiles on the Corsair.

I thought that this wa an older model jet which went out of business a few years ago?
LinkinPark
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 63 posts
AeroScale: 11 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 31, 2009 - 02:21 PM UTC
I built the Hasegawa Corsair A-7E a couple of years ago. It was a great kit but mine didn't look anywhere as great as yours. Very nice job.

Hunter
 _GOTOTOP