_GOTOBOTTOM
Start Here (for Beginners)
This forum is for younger modelers or people just starting out in the hobby.
New Guy Checking In
Texas-Ama
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 32 posts
AeroScale: 25 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 27, 2008 - 06:19 PM UTC
I am a new guy on the block and just wanted to say Hi. I have been building building models off and on for about fifty years. I like all types of plastic models from aircraft to cars and most everything in between.I have several P-47 kits that I am thanking about building and this form looked like the place to start.
Heres some of my past builds

Texas
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 27, 2008 - 07:59 PM UTC
Hi Mike,

Welcome to Aeroscale!

If you like P-47s, you can also take a look at the P-47 Heaven

I'm looking forward to see your new models soon. Your F-14 looks great...

Jean-Luc
VonCuda
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,216 posts
AeroScale: 1,080 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 28, 2008 - 08:06 AM UTC
Hi Mike
I was going to say that you've picked the right place to learn and improve your modeling skills but from the looks of your pictures, you're pretty darn good already. That Tomcat is sweet! If you're looking to build a Thunderbolt or two you should sign up for the P-47 campaign and get yourself a campaign ribbon to add to your new Aeroscale profile page.

Also, those are some nice looking cars in the background. Check out the automodeler forum as well. At the top of this page where it says "select a site" just scroll down to "automodeler" and there we are. We're trying to get a race car campaign started up and you'd be welcome to join in, or post some pics of your cars.

Anyway, welcome. Pull up a seat and stay a while.

Hermon
Texas-Ama
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
Posted: Sunday, December 28, 2008 - 01:33 PM UTC
Hi Thanks for the warm welcome
At present I have a 55Chevy going for a local club group build and then I am going to finish the Trumpter 1/32 scale A-10 that I am about half way through building. Then If I still have time before the end of the year I will try and get in on the P-47 group build.
Do you have to sign up by January 1 or can you jump in anytime?

Texas
VonCuda
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,216 posts
AeroScale: 1,080 posts
Posted: Monday, December 29, 2008 - 12:05 PM UTC
I'm not sure if there is a deadline to sign up Mike. I personally have signed up for a couple of campaigns in the past that had already been going on for 3 or 4 months. If you are interested in signing up, or you just want to see some great P-47's or even if you're looking for an answer to a P-47 related question here is the link.
http://p47.kitmaker.net/

Nigel Julian aka (lampie) is the main man at that sight and he's really on top of his game when it comes to Jugs............ planes I mean
Also, the group builds or "campaigns" usually run for 6 to 8 months or longer wich is great for people like me who somehow end up goining 50,000 campaigns per year.

Hermon
lampie
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6,249 posts
AeroScale: 3,270 posts
Posted: Monday, December 29, 2008 - 12:29 PM UTC
Hi Mike.
Welcome to the network.
The P-47 group build will run throughout 2009. Theres no deadline to signing up.
In theory you can enlist on Dec 31st 2009, but that will only give you one day to build a kit
You can enlist HERE

Each of the sites within the Kitmaker Network runs Campaigns and Group builds, and the ribbons certainly look nice on your acount page. They can be addictive though
Looking forward to seeing your builds
Nige
Yeti123
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 311 posts
AeroScale: 278 posts
Posted: Monday, December 29, 2008 - 02:47 PM UTC
Mike
Welcome. I have not been participating here for long, but it sure has been a lot of fun and added a new dimension to the hobby.
I have to say your F14 looks great. I can't wait t see your A10

Taylor
Texas-Ama
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
Posted: Monday, December 29, 2008 - 03:16 PM UTC
Thanks for the info. I will see how the A-10 comes along.
Heres a couple of photos showing where I an at.

Texas
Bigrip74
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 5,026 posts
AeroScale: 2,811 posts
Posted: Monday, December 29, 2008 - 05:15 PM UTC
Mike welcome aboard, from retiree to another you will enjoy this site and the help is outstanding, the friendship great. I have learned so much from all those here in sharing tips, and build information whether a kit is good or from some ones mistakes that can help us all in our own builds. By the way nice builds. Cant wait to see the A-10 finished.

Robert
 _GOTOTOP