_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Feedback
Have a suggestion or topic about this site? Post it here.
Whats up with the gallery?
Red4
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,287 posts
AeroScale: 1,164 posts
Posted: Friday, January 16, 2009 - 09:05 AM UTC
Have tried on two seperate occassions to upload picstures only to receive this message.

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 591533 bytes) in /home/kitmaker/gallery/templates/uploadphoto.tmpl on line 126

I have more than enough space to upload a couple of pics, but this seems to happen on a regular basis and to say it is a little frustratging is an understatement. I have even gone so far as to delete an entire page of old pics, but yet the message keeps popping up. It shows a bar graph of my "account" that is more green than red and the pics I am uploading are small too so it shouldn't be an issue of file size. Whats the problem????? "Q"
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Friday, January 16, 2009 - 08:06 PM UTC
Hi Matthew

I understand your frustration, but you'll be glad to know that Staff_Jim is on the case with this problem and he's making it a priority. Unfortunately, I can't promise you an instant fix because, basically, the gallery is so popular, it's becoming overloaded! The same issue has been hampering Staff work behind the scenes and is what delayed the start of the Weathering Competition vote. I'll make sure Jim knows you've hit the trouble too.

All the best

Rowan
Red4
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,287 posts
AeroScale: 1,164 posts
Posted: Monday, January 19, 2009 - 03:10 AM UTC
Thanks for the explanation Rowan. Just after posting this I found the thread where others were having the same problem. I'll give it some time and see what comes of it. Thanks again, "Q"
 _GOTOTOP