_GOTOBOTTOM
Rotary Wing
Discuss helicopters and other rotary wing aircraft from any era.
airfix 1/72 puma seating
panzerIV
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 781 posts
AeroScale: 65 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 18, 2009 - 10:31 PM UTC
hi there guys not really an aircraft builder but wanting a try id got airfix's old 1/72nd puma off a regular modeller where i work at modelzone in manchester..

ive noticed that the seating arrangement on the instructions is different as to how it was when i actually flew in the puma heli in cadets on excersise..
you have the seats back to back for the soldiers to sit in and then it has two seats facing eachother near the door at the end of the seats for the troops.. but as i remember it them seats were near the door to the cockpit. but i have tried putting them in the place i remember them and there too far set back... :s can someone give any ideas on how to rectify this or is it just cos its an old model based on the older puma???

there are no turbines that stick out above the cockpit either within the kit can anyone suggest how to build these for the kit?

cheers in advance tony
winchweight
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 513 posts
AeroScale: 67 posts
Posted: Monday, January 19, 2009 - 05:10 AM UTC
Hi Tony.

I am a former RAF Puma crewman (230 Sqn). The seats aft of the door are arranged back to back along the centre line, usually four per side.

The seats forward of the door are in pairs, facing each other against the sidewalls of the aircraft. Two each side. 12 seats usually carried, but four more can be added on the centre line, but these are usually never fitted. IIRC I had to cut and reposition the seats to achieve this.

In addition there is a pole that runs from the bottom of the gear box to the floor, at a slight incline, which goes through the floor hatch and has the aircraft hook on the bottom.

Don't forget the GPMG and mount, available in resin from Hannants IIRC.

This is an awful kit with overdone rivets, poor mouldings and lots of errors.

Hope this helps.

_GOTOTOP