_GOTOBOTTOM
Cold War (1950-1974)
Discuss the aircraft modeling subjects during the Cold War period.
Hosted by Tim Hatton
1/48 Ryan F2R-1 Dark Shark
potchip
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Australia
KitMaker: 85 posts
AeroScale: 14 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 25, 2009 - 06:14 PM UTC
Greetings! First post on Aeroscale. Fittingly subject is my first 1/48 aircraft.
Kit is Czech Model's XF2R-1 Dark Shark and this is one of the two options provided. I do think the 'speculative' scheme of VF-41 looks way more interesting than the overall glossy sea blus plus a red propeller hub for the 'real' one.

It is built OOB as I cannot find any useful detail references. The instrument panel cannot be correct...Why do 1/48 planes take take so much paint? I think I should stick to my 72's least I run out for more paints every 2 weeks..

Just 2 images for now as I'm yet to panel line and weather the thing. Comments welcome including suggestions on weathering!
SGTJKJ
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 10,069 posts
AeroScale: 3,788 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 25, 2009 - 06:40 PM UTC
Welcome to the forum, Jim.

Very nice build you have made. As a "clean" aircraft it looks very good.

It could be good to see it with more visible panel lines. Also that huge exhaust at the side of the fuselage must have left some exhaust stains although I have no references on this aircraft.

Thanks for sharing
LinkinPark
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 63 posts
AeroScale: 11 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 31, 2009 - 12:30 PM UTC
Really beautiful job. I love the paint scheme on this plane and you've done a great job. I would have to agree with Jesper. A black wash would really make the panel lines stand out and bring attention to all the little details.

Hunter
 _GOTOTOP