_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
Panda 1/35 UH-1N
Whiskey
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,038 posts
AeroScale: 252 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 07, 2003 - 06:45 PM UTC
Hey guys,
Just found this tonight.Panda has released thier 2 UH-1N Hueys in 1/35.One is a slick and another is a gunship.Cant wait for those modernized AM parts now.

Slick
blaster76
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
AeroScale: 137 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 07, 2003 - 06:53 PM UTC
I bought the Panda UH 1-D kit several months ago. It looked like a pretty good kit, Haven't seen a PE for it yet, but I really haven't looked that hard. Glad you reminded me. The kit filled a void. MRC stuff is great but they forgot to make a slick
mavrick1124
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 188 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 07, 2003 - 11:12 PM UTC
Hats off to Panda, finally someone has done justice to the Huey. Now we can do modern Marines.
MLD
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Vermont, United States
KitMaker: 3,569 posts
AeroScale: 419 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 08, 2003 - 12:59 AM UTC
I just got my UH1D slick and am very happy and a little dissapointed at the same time. Overall I like the kit. I've been waiting for a slick for a long time.
The interior detail is nowhere near the level of the MRC kits, but at the same time, there is none of the allignment "do I have this part in the right place" issues I've had with the MRC stuff.
#$!#$@$ Kiowa instrument coaming and canopy...
The instrument panel is a decal, and the seat frames are simplified. Wait 6 mos. and Eduard will go to town on it.

I'm almost tempted to grab the sets for the C's and use what I can, but that would push the kit back to the pile of 'to be finished later' kits...

I'm hopeful that Cobra Co and Eduard and all the others will leap at this chance to offer all the funky and interesting weapons arrangements and markings.

Mike
 _GOTOTOP