_GOTOBOTTOM
Modern (1975-today)
Discuss the modern aircraft age from 1975 thru today.
Nose Art
Broiler
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Maryland, United States
KitMaker: 84 posts
AeroScale: 3 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 27, 2009 - 08:09 AM UTC
Took this photo at an Air Show at McGuire AFB in the late '80s:

hogkeeper
_VISITCOMMUNITY
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 37 posts
AeroScale: 36 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 07, 2009 - 04:52 PM UTC
Wow !! That brings back memories! I was in the 960 AWACS, Keflavik NAS Iceland in '90-'91. We took care of the E-3s and KC-135s. We got our tankers on a 2 week rotation out of the European Tanker Task Force at RAF Mildenhall. Started out with KC-135Rs. Then Desert Shield kicked off and we started getting KC-135Es from the Guard units. Jersey Girl came from, you guessed it, the New Jersey Air Guard! She was a regular in Iceland. Another nose art queen I remember was "Jessica". Remember Jessica Rabbit from "Who Framed Roger Rabbit"? When Desert Storm kicked off we lost the E models and got KC-135As. We had to dig out the water truck and the distillation rig that noone had used in 20 years for the water injection on the A models. Who would have guessed that you can burn water!!!(Well my wife can but that's a different story!!) Thanks for the trip down memory lane Brian. You wouldn't happen to have more pictures of "Jersey Girl"? Been wanting to build a diorama of an E-3 and KC-135 for years and always wanted to include "Jersey Girl".
Broiler
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Maryland, United States
KitMaker: 84 posts
AeroScale: 3 posts
Posted: Monday, February 16, 2009 - 04:21 AM UTC
Andy,

I'm glad you enjoyed the photo. Thanks for the background. Unfortunately, I was not smart enough to do a walkaround back then... I think I was in junior high. I had a big KC-135 kit and I had the crazy idea that I might be able to free hand this bit of nose art. Never built the kit and never tried to paint the Jersey Girl. I usually built armor now. I've been meaning to post that photo for a while, hoping someone would get a kick out of it. mission accomplished.

BK
CaptainA
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 3,117 posts
AeroScale: 2,270 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 07, 2009 - 12:18 PM UTC
Nice picture.
 _GOTOTOP